JW Patterson HS Invitational
2021 — NSDA Campus, OK/US
Coach/Judge/Debater Help Email:
CAMPUS INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS & VIDEOS (I.E. HOW TO ACCESS THE TOURNAMENT):
The JW Patterson High School Invitational will be held by Heritage Hall School, Oct. 8-10th 2021. We regret to inform you that due to the impact of the delta variant on hospitals we are making the safe choice for our community to host the tournament virtually. Some important info:
1. The tournament will offer policy debate (varsity, junior varsity, novice), LD (varsity, junior varsity, novice), and public forum (varsity and junior varsity). Novice LD and policy will have 4 preliminary rounds, in every other event will have 6 preliminary rounds. Prep time in policy debate is 8 min per team, Prep in PF debate is 3 min per team, Prep in LD is 4 min per debater.
2. The tournament is a TOC qualifier in varsity policy at the semifinal level, and in varsity, LD debate at the finals level.
3. We will be using the NSDA novice LD topic for the novice LD division, other LD and PF events will use the Sept/Oct NSDA topics. Policy debate will use the 2021-22 Water topic found on the NSDA.
4. Novice policy debate MUST ONLY USE THE NDCA NOVICE PACKET. There is a link to the right so you can download the novice policy packet.
5. All judges are obligated one round beyond the school they represents elimination from the tournament. There will be a significant judge fee for "no show" judges. We will be using a pref system in varsity policy debate and a pref or strike system in LD varsity debate. Please make sure judges representing your entries have judge philosophies posted on tabroom.com.
6. No hybrid teams are allowed in the varsity LD and varsity policy divisions. No independent entries are allowed, an adult who represents the school must be the adult contact for the entry to be approved.
Debate coaches if you have any questions feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org