Seattle Academy Invitational
2020 — Online, WA/US
Additional Impromptu and Extemp Information
Additional Impromptu and Extemp Information:
- Topics will be released on Tabroom on 11/4 at 3:00 PM PST. There will be three rounds, each with six topics from which to choose.
- Video submissions are due November 4th at 9:00 PM to this form.
- Students are not to consult with others when preparing their speeches. You should have no assistance from others in preparing each submission, and should not communicate with others during your prep or recording.
- Videos should be titled using the format 'Event-First Name Last Name- Round #'.
- In Extemp, your preparation time is limited to 30 minutes and your submissions should reflect your sole attempt at answering your topic selection for each round. Your prep should not be recorded.
- In Impromptu, your combined preparation and speaking time is six minutes. Your recording will reflect your complete participation in this round, from the time you first look at the topic choices, continues with your prep time, and it will end with the conclusion of your speech. The submission should reflect your sole attempt at answering the topic selection for each round, and your prep time should be recorded as part of this. A practice set of topics will be made available if you would like to practice the process from start to finish.
- Elimination rounds will use your highest rated submission.
- Follow the procedures in the Checklist for Speech Students page to upload your video. You will be asked to sign an honor-code that upholds your commitment to fair play and affirms that you’ve followed these procedures. This is an unconventional year and these are unconventional ways of competing, but help make this a fun and educational experience for all. Don’t cheat, and have fun!