Seattle Academy Invitational
2020 — Online, WA/US
1. Individuals will present a scripted speech that is intended to be an analysis of a news event rather than a running synopsis of the news.
2. Original commentary should enhance the overall effect of the news event and analysis.
3. Speakers will read the manuscript from a seated position.
4. The script should be timed to end between 1:45 and 2:00 minutes. Any speaker ending before 1:45 or after 2:00 minutes shall be ranked one score lower.
5. Time signals SHOULD NOT be given to the competitors; however, the competitors may time themselves.