District V Speech and Debate DISTRICT Tournament
2022 — Pocatello, ID/US
The docket for this tournament is SET, meaning students may not rearrange the order of legislation in round. We will go from the first bill, through the last in the Student Legislation Packet. If a chamber needs additional legislation, we will supplement with NSDA December Legislation from front to back.
Supers Docket will use legislation from the NSDA Diversity and Inclusion Legislation. The 6 bills, in order are:
3. A Resolution to Assist in Controlling Drug Addiction and Assist in REcovery
12. A Bill to Ban Privatization of Prisons
14 A Bill to Encourage Bilingual Education Programs
21. A Resolution to Acknowledge Sanctuary Cities
25. A Bill to Eliminate the Pink Tax to Establish Economic Gender Equality
39. A Bill to Prohibit Discrimination on the Basis of Sex, Gender Identity, and Sexual Orientation
Students will not be permitted to suspend the rules (rearrange docket, open the house, marshall law, etc).
We will be following the Idaho State Debate code. If you would like to review the full evidence rules, please visit Idaho/NSDA Debate Code
We will also be utilizing direct questioning in the FINAL Congress round. Procedures for direct questioning can be reviewed below on page 8 of the Congress Debate Guide.