Sams Test Tournament
2021 — Online, WA/US
1. Informative speaking is to describe, clarify, explain, and/or define an object, idea, concept, social institution, or process.
2. The speech must be the original work of the speaker. No more than 150 words of quoted and/or paraphrased material may be included in the expository. This speech may not have been used in forensic competition by the student prior to the current competitive season.
3. Responsibility for choosing a worthwhile topic rests with the contestant. The use of humor will not be penalized. No costumes are allowed. Any demonstration should enhance, not be the focus of, the information presented.
4. The speech must be delivered extemporaneously, with or without the use of notes. The contestant will not be penalized for using notes or visual aids, unless they interfere with the ability to communicate with the audience.
5. The time limit for this event is TEN (10) MINUTES, which will include audience reaction time. If the speaker goes over a 30 second grace period the contestant may not be awarded first place in the round.
6. No minimum time limit.