JW Patterson HS Invitational
2022 — Oklahoma City, OK/US
The JW Patterson High School Invitational will be held by Heritage Hall School and Casady School on location in Oklahoma City, Oct. 15-17th 2022. This is an in-person tournament there is no online division or hybrid events.
Upper School (US): all novice policy rounds, other policy rounds, tabroom US 134, Reynolds Commons (gathering area in between rounds), cafeteria.
Harris Hall (HH): policy rounds
Middle School (MS): LD rounds
Some important info:
1. The tournament will offer policy debate (varsity, junior varsity round-robin, novice) and LD (varsity).
2. The tournament is a TOC qualifier in varsity policy at the semifinal level, and in varsity LD debate at the finals level.
3. Novice policy debate will be limited to the NDCA packet, the novice division will be small due to size limits.
4. All judges are obligated one round beyond the elimination of the school they represent. There will be a significant judge fee for "no show" judges. We will be using a pref system in varsity policy debate and a pref or strike system in LD varsity debate. Please make sure judges representing your entries have judge philosophies posted on tabroom.com that is a requirement.
6. No hybrid teams are allowed in the varsity LD and varsity policy divisions. No independent entries are allowed, an adult who represents the school must be the adult contact for the entry to be approved.
7. We will be using the topics approved by the NSDA. In LD varsity AND NOVICE the 2022 Sept/Oct topic will be used (we will not use the Novice LD topic). In PF the September/October topic will be used. In all policy debate events, the 2022-23 topic will be used.
8. All events will take place Oct. 15-16th, except varsity policy which is Oct 15-17th.
9. All entries in novice LD/policy, and JV RR will be waitlisted so we can try to balance regions and schools.
Debate coaches if you have any questions feel free to email me: email@example.com