NSDA Middle School Nationals
How to Register
Below are detailed steps for how to register for the 2019 Middle School National Tournament. Please contact the national office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Be sure that your middle school membership is up to date on your school profile page at speechanddebate.org/account. This cannot be the same account as your high school.
- Don’t have an account? Go to speechanddebate.org/join
- Has your middle school school paid its membership?
- Are all of your students added to your middle school roster?
- Are all of your student fees paid?
- Does your school have a Tabroom account?
- If NOT: In the upper-right corner of this screen, select “sign up”. Use your NSDA account username and password to login.
- If SO: Once you’re logged in, go to the “NSDA” tab and select “link to the NSDA”. Login with your NDSA account username and password.
- Please note that all judges you are bringing to the tournament must also have a Tabroom account registered under their own email. You will need to have a list of those emails later in the registration process. They can create accounts using this same process.
- Check to make sure your roster on Tabroom includes the students you wish to register by clicking the “Competitors” tab. If any students are missing, click “Import NSDA Competitor Roster” on the right side of the screen. Select “Import Students” at the bottom of the screen. If you have duplicate students, click “De-duplicate Students” in the upper-right hand corner of the roster screen.
- Go to MSNats.tabroom.com and select the “Register tab”.
- Read and accept the disclaimer.
- Select your preferred refund method. This method applies to your $200 judge bond. Overpayments will be credited to your NSDA account.
- Each school must post a judge bond of $200. This bond is in addition to entry fees and judge fees. If all judges from a school complete all judging assignments, the $200 will be returned after the tournament in the form of a check mailed to the school in July or issued as a school credit,
- No judge bonds will be returned in cash and no checks will be returned at the tournament.
- Enter all Adult contact information. Click "Save Contact Info".
- *Every single line must be filled out or your registration will not be complete*. This includes hotel info and a secondary contact.
- If you do not stay in the National Tournament hotel block, there will be a $25 charge per student. Select "Not in block" if this is the case.
- On the right side of the screen under "School Entry Forms", click the blue arrow button to download the form. Print, fill out, and upload the scanned copy there. This must be signed by your principal. View more detailed instructions about the Entry Agreement Form here.
- As of now, only the person whose info is filled out in the adult contact info will receive updates about missing registration info or tournament updates. Anyone that is involved in the MS Nationals registration process should be added as a school contact under “School Contacts” on the right side of the screen.
- Under “Live Updates”, anyone whose email is added here will be emailed a copy of the pairings when they are released. It may be useful to add student competitors, judges, or chaperones emails here.
- Go to the "Entries" tab at top of the screen. View this page for a photo reference to the instructions below. On right side, choose the event you are registering students in from the dropdown menu. This will open a second dropdown menu for you to choose the student(s). Click “Add entry”. You may also add a TBA slot, but the correct name must be entered by April 24 or a $200 fine will be added to your account. All students will be on a waitlist until payment is received, at which point up to 4 will be released.
- Click the red "Form Download" button. Print this form and have the student and student’s guardian sign the bottom portion of the form. Upload a scanned version on the same page. This will need to be done for each student.
- If there is more than one student registered in the same event, choose which order you would like them to be admitted off of the waitlist by selecting 1, 2, 3, or 4 under "Entry details".
- If applicable, fill out the piece information at the bottom of this screen. Save Entry Details.
- Click on the Entries tab at the top to add additional students and view your list of entries. If you need to edit a student's form or piece info, click the blue edit button next to their name.
- Once all students are added, click the "Judges" tab at the top. The events where you owe one or more judge will be red on the right side of the screen. Click the red event button. Add a judge from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the screen. All judges must have Tabroom accounts before you can register them because we will be using online ballots.
- If your judge does not show up in the drop-down menu, you will need to add them to your judge roster. To do so, click the yellow “Add judge to roster” button. Enter their information (including the judge's email connected to their Tabroom account) and click “Save judge”. Now, you need to go back to your Nationals registration. Click “Tournaments” tab. Select “Entry” next to NSDA Middle school nationals”. Go back to the “Judges" tab. Repeat the process above to add them.
- It is required that you bring at least one judge in each category. If you are obligated to bring more than one judge in a category, you may pay $160 to hire a judge to cover those additional spots.
- If you enter an LD or Policy judge, you will need to input their answers to the judge philosophy form that can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “T-shirts, Meal Tickets, Resource Package” tab. Select "Order Now" to order t-shirts and pay before the National Tournament. T-shirts will be available for pick-up at Nationals. You can also purchase the Team Resource Package. This will give your entire team access to advanced topic analyses, webinars, and final round videos. The Resource Package will be available for your team within 24 hours if you pay by credit card. Meal tickets may ONLY be purchased through the registration system; none will be available for sale on site. These will guarantee a lunch for students on Wednesday and Thursday.
- If you have a Congress entry, a tab labeled "Legislation" will appear at the top of your screen. Submit Congress legislation here if applicable.
- Click the "Fees" tab. This will detail out your owed payments. Click the "Invoice my NSDA Account" button on the right side of the screen. This will automatically generate an invoice on your NSDA school profile page and direct you toward the payment screen. It will take time for the invoice to be generated, so check back in an hour or two if you do not see it on your NSDA account immediately.