MDTA JVNovice State Championship
2016 — MN/US
Public Forum Schedule
JV/Novice State Championship
Eagan High School
December 2 – 3, 2016
Public Forum Debate
All Rounds in Eagan High School
Friday December 2, 2016
Registration 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Round #1 3:30 PM
Round #2 4:30 PM
Dinner 5:30 PM
Round #3 6:00 PM
Round #4 7:30 PM
Saturday December 3, 2016
Round #5 8:30 AM
Round #6 10:00 AM
Lunch 11:30 AM
Public Forum 1st Elimination Rd 12:30 PM
Public Forum 2nd Elimination Rd 2:00 PM
Awards 3:00 PM in EHS Student Commons
All Remaining Public Forum Elimination Rounds will follow Awards
· Schedules will be posted at least 10 minutes before the start time listed on the schematic. Students should not enter any competition space until the judge arrives. Any student found by a tournament official in a competition space without a judge will receive a loss with zero points for that round.
· We will enforce the 15 minute forfeit rule, any debater who is more then 15 minutes late to their round will forfeit that round. This applies to elimination rounds as well. Please help us keep the tournament on time.
· Schedules will be posted outside of the PF Tab Room, outside of the judge’s lounge in EHS, and in several designated places in the EHS Cafeteria.
· Ballots will be available outside of the PF tab room in the EHS Library, including round 1.
· We will clear all debaters with a winning record. We expect this will involve partial elimination rounds in both divisions. ALL JUDGES are obligated through the first full elimination round, including student judges. After that, all non-student judges from schools who have a debater participate in an elimination round are obligated for the next round.
· We will utilize speed ballots for elimination rounds. In elimination rounds runners will be used to collect ballots so that disclosure may occur without interruption.
· There should be no food in the competition rooms, water and soda is allowed.
· Please treat all of our spaces with respect and do not play with, wreck, harm or destroy anything. First offense will result in a loss with zero points; second offense will result in disqualification from the tournament.
· We ask that all judges please record speaker points for every debater they hear on a scale from 26 – 30 with points below 26 being reserved for students who exhibit inappropriate conduct during the course of the round. Please provide a reason on the ballot for speaker points below 26. Half point increments are allowed; tenth points are not and will be rounded.
· Please keep your comments brief so that we can keep the tournament running on time.