MDTA JVNovice State Championship
2016 — MN/US
Lincoln Douglas Schedule
JV/Novice State Championship
Eagan High School
December2 – 3, 2016
All Rounds are in Dakota Hills Middle School
FRIDAY December 2nd
Registration 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Enter DHMS 3:00 PM
Round #1 3:30 PM
Round #2 4:30 PM
Dinner 5:30 PM
Round #3 6:15 PM
Round #4 7:30 PM
SATURDAY December 3rd
Round #5 8:00 AM
Round #6 9:30 AM
1st Elimination Round 11:15 AM
Lunch 12:30 PM
2nd Elimination Round 1:30 PM
Awards 3:00 PM in EHS Student Commons
All Remaining Elimination rounds will take place in Eagan High School immediately following awards
· Everyone must remain in EHS until 3:00 pm on Friday. We do not have access to the Middle School until that time.
· Schedules will be posted at least 10 minutes before the start time listed on the schematic. Students should not enter any of the competition rooms until the judge arrives. If tournament officials in the rooms without a judge find students they will receive a loss with zero points for that round.
· We will enforce the 15 minute forfeit rule, any debater who is more then 15 minutes late to their round will forfeit that round. This applies to elimination rounds as well. Please help us keep the tournament on time.
· Schedules will be posted outside of the LD Tab Room, outside of the judge’s lounge in EHS, and in several designated places in the EHS Cafeteria.
· Ballots will be available outside of the LD tab room in the DHMS Library, including round 1.
· We will clear all debaters with a winning record. We expect this will involve partial elimination rounds in both divisions. ALL JUDGES are obligated through the first full elimination round, including student judges. After that, all non-student judges from schools who have a debater participate in elimination rounds are obligated for the next round.
· We will utilize speed ballots for elimination rounds. During elimination rounds runners will come to the rooms to pickup the ballots so that disclosure can occur without interruption.
· Awards will be handed out in the competition rooms for each of the elimination rounds
· There should be no food in the competition rooms, water and soda is allowed.
· Please treat all of our spaces with respect and do not play with, wreck, harm or destroy anything. First offense will result in a loss with zero points; second offense will result in disqualification from the tournament.
· We ask that all judges please record speaker points for every debater they hear on a scale from 26 – 30 with points below 26 being reserved for students who exhibit inappropriate conduct during the course of the round. Please provide a reason on the ballot for speaker points below 26. Half point increments are allowed; tenth points are not and will be rounded.
· Please keep your comments brief so that we can keep the tournament running on time.