MDTA JVNovice State Championship
2016 — MN/US
Policy Debate Schedule
JV/Novice State Championship
Eagan High School
December 2 – 3, 2016
Friday December 2, 2016
Registration 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Round #1 3:30 PM
Round #2 5:30 PM
Dinner 7:30 PM
Round #3 8:00 PM
Saturday December 3, 2016
Round#4 8:00 AM
Round #5 10:00 AM
Lunch 12:00 PM
Policy 1st Elimination Rd 1:00 PM
Awards will start at 3:00 PM in the EHS Student Commons
Policy Debate Elimination rounds continue after awards until the tournament is finished
· Schedules will be posted at least 10 minutes before the start time listed on the schematic.
· We will enforce the 15 minute forfeit rule, any debater who is more than 15 minutes late to their round will forfeit that round. This applies to elimination rounds as well. Please help us keep the tournament on time.
· Schedules will be posted outside of the Policy Tab Room, outside of the judge’s lounge in EHS, and in several designated places in the EHS Cafeteria.
· Ballots will be available outside of the Policy tab room in the EHS Library, including round 1
· We will clear to Octofinals in Novice Policy and Quarterfinals in JV Policy. ALL JUDGES are obligated through the first full elimination round, including student judges. After that, all non-student judges from schools who have a debater participate in elimination rounds are obligated for the next round.
· We will utilize speed ballots for elimination rounds. Tournament ballot runners will come to your rooms and retrieve ballots so that the judges may disclose without interruption.
· Awards will be given out in the rooms for each of the elimination rounds.
· There should be no food in the competition rooms, water and soda is allowed.
· Students should not enter any rooms without the judge being present. If a tournament official finds you in any room without a judge in the room you will forfeit your round.
· Please treat all of our spaces with respect and do not play with, wreck, harm or destroy anything. First offense will result in a loss with zero points; second offense will result in disqualification from the tournament.
· We ask that all judges please record speaker points for every debater they hear on a scale from 26 – 30 with points below 26 being reserved for students who exhibit inappropriate conduct during the course of the round. Please provide a reason on the ballot for speaker points below 26. Half point increments are allowed; tenth points are not and will be rounded.
· Please keep your comments brief so that we can keep the tournament running on time.