Bay Area Middle School Championship
2024 — San Jose, CA/US
Bay Area Middle School Championships
The Presentation Speech and Debate program is excited to again host our annual middle school students in our Championship tournament for Speech and Debate events. The tournament will take place on the Presentation High School campus located at 2281 Plummer Avenue on Saturday, April 6th and Sunday, April 7th. The tournament will offer all debate and speech events. Your fees cover the cost of entry as well as lunch on Sunday.
1. To reiterate we will provide lunch for all competitors, coaches and judges Saturday + Sunday.
2. We will have awards announced in the center where all of the students will gather. All students who get to finals of speech events will get awards. All students who break to quarters or better in debate events will get awards. Both partners in partner events will get awards.
3. We will offer preliminary rounds that will break to elimination rounds in all debate events and final rounds for all Individual events.
4. This tournament is open ONLY to middle school students grades 5-8.
5. Students are allowed to cross enter at their own risk. Students can enter up to three events but can only enter one debate division (Congress is considered a debate event.). We will not provide special accommodations for cross entry. Students and their coaches are responsible for getting to all of their rounds on time. We will not hold up the tournament for cross entry nor will we re-run rounds for rounds missed.
6. Make all checks payable to Presentation High School. We must have full payment before the start of the tournament.
7. The tournament is not restricted to Bay Area middle schools, that's just a name. Any middle school/junior high program is welcome to attend.
8. TOPICS FOR DEBATE EVENTS: We will use the March- April NSDA LD topic. We will use the April NSDA PF topic. Let me know if you have any questions about debate topics.
9. We will use NSDA middle school consistent times for all events.
We look forward to hosting you at this tournament which will feature the Best of the Bay! Feel free to email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org any other email please, doing so risks significant delay.