CHSSA Middle School State Championship
2021 — Online, CA/US
CHSSA Middle School Speech & Debate State Championship 2021
Please use this for missing competitors or missing judges, as well as general questions.
Virtual Rooms Link:
NEED HELP RELAXING?
Mark your calendars now for one of the most exciting and educational events of the 2020- 2021 school year … The California High School Speech Association Middle School Speech and Debate State Championship Tournament. This incredible opportunity will take place Friday April 30th - Sunday May 2nd, 2021.
For clarification, the middle school competitors in sixth through eighth grades, and each will have the exciting opportunity to meet and compete with other outstanding students from across the state.
Check out the awesome opportunities that the tournament provides:
1) The tournament will offer six (6) preliminary rounds of debate and three (3) preliminary rounds of speech; breaks will depend on entry.
2) This tournament will offer all CHSSA speech events.
2a) Oratorical Interpretation, Original Oratory, Original Advocacy, Informative, Program Oral Interpretation, Duo Interpretation, Humorous Interpretation, Dramatic Interpretation, and Original Prose & Poetry will be offered asynchronously. Videos should be submitted no later than Monday April 26th at 5:00PM. Videos should be posted as an unlisted video to Youtube and uploaded to this link.
2b) International Extemp, National Extemp, and Impromptu will be offered as live events.
3) Debate events offered are Congress, Policy, Public Forum, and Lincoln Douglas.
4) Big Questions and Storytelling will be offered as supplemental events for competitors who do not advance to Sunday rounds. Students may only compete in one of the two events. Students who were not entered in a main event are also welcome to complete in Big Questions or Storytelling!
5) This tournament is meant to be accessible to all California middle schoolers who want to attend. We offer reasonable entry fees and minimal judging requirements. High school competitors are welcomed, and encouraged, to judge.
Questions? Contact Cameron Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you might have.
Most importantly, save the dates. We look forward to seeing you for our exciting tournament!