2023 — Oxford, MS/US
Entry Fee $10.00
Overall Entry Limit 48
Entry Limit Per School 6
Entry 1 competitors per entry
- Maximum - 10 minutes, including introductory and transitional material other than the author's words. Material thus used should be limited to one minute.
- If the speaker goes over a 30 second grace period, that contestant must not be awarded first place.
- No minimum time
- Performance may be dramatic or humorous in nature.
- The speaker must offer a memorized dramatic presentation. If the speaker refers to prepared notes of any kind or a script during the presentation, the speaker will be disqualified.
- The presentation must be from a single published play, single published script, or single fictional or non-fictional work (not poetry). It is the affirmative obligation of all NCFL coaches to ensure that all materials presented in interpretation events must be available and readily accessible to all members of the league. Lines which are attributed to one character in a published play or script must not be attributed to another character in the performance. The author's words as published in the literature must not be altered for the presentation with the exception that cutting is permitted.
- No properties or costumes of any kind may be used. Using “properties” means manipulating articles of clothing or objects to enhance the performance. Speakers using properties and/or wearing costumes will be disqualified.
- Positions other than standing should not be excessive in length or dominate the performance..