Bob Jones Academy 34th Speech and Debate Tournament
2020 — NSDA Campus, SC/US
DUO INTERP will now be offered!! We will do this asynchronously. The deadline for loading your DUO link into Tabroom will be Thursday, October 15, at 5 pm. We prefer a You Tube link.
Here are the procedures that we will use for Duo Interpretation at the 34th Bob Jones Academy Invitational. Please follow them carefully. Remember, too, that you must follow all safety procedures and policies set forth by your home district in the creation of your duo interpretation.
· You will submit one duo video for the tournament. This single video will be used in all four rounds of competition. Students participating in duo will not attend live rounds on Saturday.
· The deadline for video submissions is 5 PM (EST), Thursday, October 15. Late videos will not be accepted.
· All performance videos must be a single take. Cut and paste videos will be disqualified from competition.
· You are responsible for doing a quality check on your video before submission.
· Video performance should be under 10:30 to ensure no time violations.
· We will not share your video with anyone other than judges and tournament officials.
After recording the performance with the program of your choice, complete these steps:
1. Create a YouTube account if you do not already have one.
2. Publish your video. Log in to www.youtube.com, click “upload” at the top of the front page. Upload in standard and not high-definition.
3. Edit video details: The title of your video should be the event followed by your names (ie DUO-Josiah Pait and Arianna Jenks). In the description, add the title of your selection, along with your high school and primary coach or coaches.
4. Edit Video Visibility: When creating the Visibility, change audience option from “Public” to “Unlisted” to ensure the privacy of your video - only those with a link to the video can watch. Do not make your video “Private” or “Public.”