2023 — Choctaw, OK/US
You and your team are cordially invited to the Choctaw Sting Speech and Debate Tournament on December 8-9, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT UPDATES:
1. Unlimited 6A, 5A, and Championship entries, as long as judge obligations are covered.
All 6A PQ's must compete in the Championship division.
A Novice division will be offered for events that have sufficient entries. Novice IE events will be as follows: Monologue, Oratory, Combined Prose/Poetry, Combined Interp, Combined Duet, Combined Extemp. For Novice IE, please consider entering students above 9th grade in the qualifying division.
2. Entries are due on Tabroom.com only by Monday, December 4 at 5:00 PM. Entry fees are as per the OSSAA manual. If you have not received a schedule by noon on Thursday, December 7, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Entry Adds/Drops/Changes are due by Tuesday, December 5 at 5 PM. Any changes to your entry after that time should be emailed directly to email@example.com and will be subject to fees as per the OSSAA manual. Fees for Championship and Novice divisions are the same as for the qualifying division.
4. Judge entries are due by Wednesday, December 6 at 5:00 PM. Uncovered judge requirements and fees are as per the OSSAA manual. Please enter debate judges in the debate pool only, even if they can judge other events. In the notes section let us know if they can judge other events. High School Speech/Drama/Debate students may judge in the Novice division if they meet the NSDA criteria for judging and/or your professional rigorous criteria to judge. BALLOTING WILL BE ON TABROOM.COM, NOT ON PAPER. JUDGES MUST HAVE A DEVICE CAPABLE OF SUBMITTING ONLINE BALLOTS!
One (1) IE Judge per twelve (12) individual event entries
One (1) LD Judge per four (4) LD debate entries
One (1) Public Forum judge per four (4) debate entries
One (1) CX Judge per two (2) CX debate entries
5. Registration begins at 2:00 PM on Friday in the auditorium and 7:15 AM on Saturday at the ballot table in the auditorium lobby. SCHOOL LETS OUT AT 2:45 PM. Plan to arrive before this time to avoid traffic. Teams arriving before 3:00 PM on Friday should remain in the auditorium until the tournament begins.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PARKING: Due to a wrestling tournament and construction, buses should park by the football field on the West side of campus, and individual vehicles should park in the North lot in front of the school.
6. Debate will have three prelim rounds on Friday. Round 1 3:15 PM, Round 2 5:00 PM, Round 3 6:30 PM. Qualifying, Championship, and Novice divisions will use the Nov/Dec NSDA topics.
7. Concessions will be in the cafeteria. Judges' Lounge will be in the auditorium lobby.
8. THERE WILL BE A LIP-SYNC CONTEST IN THE AUDITORIUM DURING THE WAIT FOR AWARDS TO BEGIN! More information coming soon!