NPDL Fall Invitational
2021 — NSDA Campus, US
The release form and code of conduct can now be downloaded. Please submit them by 10/22 (see instructions in the sidebar).
Please read the supplemental online round rules in the sidebar.
The National Parliamentary Debate League is pleased to invite you to the NPDL Fall Invitational - an online high school parliamentary debate tournament created with the goal of bringing together the parliamentary debate community from across the US.
Saturday, October 23 - preliminary rounds
Sunday, October 24 - elimination rounds
Full schedule is in the sidebar.
This is a free tournament.
Every member school may enter 8 open teams and 6 novice teams. Any additional teams will be waitlisted.
Staff applications due: Friday, August 27, 11:59PM (Pacific)
Registration closes: Monday, October 18, 11:59PM (Pacific)
Judges entry due: Wednesday, October 20, 11:59PM (Pacific)
NPDL membership registration deadline: Wednesday, October 20, 11:59PM (Pacific)
Judge strikes due: Friday, October 22, 5:00PM (Pacific)
- Only students from NPDL member/observer schools may compete. To register your school for NPDL, click here.
- All students shall be registered under their school or designated as “[SCHOOL NAME] Independent.” Hybrid teams of students from different schools should be registered using both school names.
- Each school will be allowed one hybrid entry in varsity and one hybrid entry in novice.
- Each school will be allowed one maverick entry in novice.
- Homeschooled debaters may enter if they affiliate with a member school.
There will be two divisions - open and novice.
- A novice debater is a freshman or a sophomore who is in their first academic year of debate competition.
- A freshman or sophomore in their second academic year of debate competition may also enter as a novice if they have competed in no more than three debate tournaments total.
- A novice team is composed of two novice debaters.
The judge requirement is 1 judge per 2 entries. Judge obligations are calculated separately for each division.
If you cannot fully cover your judging obligation, or, conversely, if you want to volunteer to judge, please email email@example.com
All judges from a given school are obligated for one round past the elimination of the last team from their school.
A judge must:
- be fluent in English,
- be familiar with the basic rules of parliamentary debate,
- have a device with a working camera and audio,
- have experience using video conferencing,
- be at least 18 years old and not be a current high school student,
- be reachable at all times by phone while they are in the judge pool.
Internet prep allowed, partner prep only.
The NPDL league meeting will be held on Sunday, October 24, 12:30-2:30PM (Pacific Time), i.e. 3:30-5:30PM (Eastern Time).
The Zoom link and other details will be sent to all member school representatives.