First Annual New Years Classic
2021 — Online, US
Welcome to the 2021 1st annual New Year’s Invitational!
Participants will compete for NSDA points, allowing qualification of the largest-national debate tournament, judged by only the best of the best judges personally recruited by tournament organizers, receive in-depth educational criticism post-round, and contribute to a worthwhile cause if they can. In fact, the 2021 1st annual New Year’s Invitational is the FIRST tournament in the new year. Put quite simply: this is the best way to warm up for next year’s tournaments and following tournaments on the January Topic! So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
The link to the discord on which the tournament will be held is here: https://discord.gg/ntQAwb39Hw
The Link to the Tabroom Site is: https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=18320
Amidst the Coronavirus that has woefully ravaged our society, from both an economic and sheer livelihood standpoint, we have decided to raise funds for Coronavirus relief efforts. Moreover, we will put out a form in discord, later on, about which charity 100% of our proceeds shall be donated to.
Open Public Forum
· Mavericks are allowed to compete.
· There is no hybrid teams
· Independent entries are allowed
· You must be at least 10th grade to judge. This is so we can guarantee the best judging experience for all debaters.
·If you want to judge and don't meet the requirements, then email anyone on the contact list with the following information- Name, Age, PF/Debate experience, We'll still add you in if we believe you are qualified.
· This tournament will be run through prefs
· Trigger Warning for sensitive topics are mandatory, and any practice a majority of the community would find abusive should be warranted in a speech for the judge's discretion.
· We will be running this tournament through discord, with the option of switching to Zoom at the discretion of the judge and members of the round.
· We will be putting prep time still at 3 minutes
· This tournament has a no-tolerance policy towards any harassment or discrimination. We will automatically kick and remove any violators.
· We will be giving NSDA Points for this tournament.