DSDL 4 Croatan HS
2020 — Newport, NC/US
Dogwood Speech and Debate League Qualifier #4
Host: Croatan HS - 3355 NC-24 - Newport, NC - 28570
Date: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Registration: Day of registration will run between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. Last minute changes should be texted to (205) 746-1907 if they are known prior to arrival.
- Novice Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Novice Public Forum Debate
- Public Forum Debate
- Student Congress
- Dramatic Performance
- Duo Interpretation
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Novice Extemporaneous Speaking
- Impromptu Speaking
- Informative Speaking
- Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Original Oratory
- Programmed Oral Interpretation of Literature
Public Forum - Resolved: The United States should replace means-tested welfare programs with a universal basic income.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate - Resolved: States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals.
Student Congress: Student Congress legislation should remember the following information in regards to submission:
- Congressional debate entries must be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020.
- A school that enters competitors in the Congress division is is allowed to submit at least one piece of appropriately formatted legislation.
- Legislation must be submitted to via Tabroom no later than 5:00pm Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020.
- Legislation will be posted no later than Monday, January 27th, 2020.
- In order to expedite the release of the legislation packet, the League has adopted templates. They can be found on the website and on Tabroom.
- Coming Soon
- Current Events According to Buzzfeed
- Abstract Words
- Southern Sayings
- Valentines Cards
Oral Interpretation of Literature:
- Round 1 - Prose
- Round 2 - Poetry
- Round 3 - Prose
- Round 4 - Poetry
- Finals - Prose
We hope to see you there!
Michelle Boswell, Director
Brittany Holloway & Josh Wade, Tournament Hosts