The Dempsey Cronin Memorial Invitational
2022 — NSDA Campus, CA/US
Policy Paradigm ListAll Paradigms: Show Hide
Email Chain - email@example.com
I was a policy debater on the Dallas circuit. Broke at TFA, UIL, and Nationals.
I don't do debate anymore, and I'm pretty rusty.
- Speed is fine, but clarity is more important.
- Rebuttals should write out a ballot for me.
- Line by line is important.
- Arguments are comprised of a claim + warrant.
- I have not researched anything about the CJR topic.
HS2 HM, HS2 SM, HS2 TM, BalSpi TM
A little bit about me:
I am a flow judge (and I flow EVERYTHING, even cross-ex)
- Rarely, I may ask for a card if I see a crazy impact being claimed.
I disclose only if both teams are okay with that
Be nice, any extreme prejudice or racist views against your opponents is not tolerated (that's an immediate loss)
- I almost never give negative feedback, and I mostly give constructive criticism
- Remember, debate is a learning experience, so it's fine if you go overtime (but don't go way too overtime)
POLICY DEBATE: In most debates, then I am going to ask for the case and rebuttal files unless the speaking below 250 wpm. I like plans and CPs that are not complicated, that are usually also short. It's fine if your plantext is long, but just remember that it could get confusing in some places (and I could misinterpret it by accident). Finally, I will not evaluate cards that are not read in the debate. For example, if your case document has a card about climate change, but you never bring up that card in the debate, then I will automatically discard that piece of evidence. Finally, you could run k’s as long as they make sense (not some crazy stuff)
- As this is a virtual environment, then I understand if there are internet issues, and if you have bad internet, I won't hold that against you
- If someone speaks way too fast, the other team may shout "clear"
In all, I'm just like any other judge you've met in the past, and good luck in your round!
Also, don't overstress about time. I'll be timing every single speech!