Alabama State Tournament
2018 — Auburn, AL/US
We are pleased to invite you to the ASDA State Tournament February 15-17 on the beautiful new campus of Auburn High School.
Please take time to navigate the pages listed to the right for all pertinent information regarding this tournament. In addition, I have posted the ASDA rules. There are a few things that I want to highlight.
1. Every event (Congress, Speech, and Debate) will be run online. ALL judges need to have tabroom.com accounts. This will make the entire tournament more transparent, faster, and less error-prone.
2. Large teams please be aware of the entry cap rules. 24 in IE, and 20 in Debate. For Congress, you may enter up to 6 students in 2 of the 3 chambers.
3. Please, please, please bring judges! This tournament only works if it is single flighted.
4. I will send out ASDA Coach of the Year ballots via email to coaches.
5. We have a very tight schedule for IE on Friday. The earliest we can access the building is 4:00. Please do not arrive before then! Draw starts at 4:30 and round 1 starts at 5:00. Please be on time. It is already going a little late, so it is important to start on time and maintain a good pace. The schedule is still subject to change.
6. Registration closes on Monday, February 12.
7. Legislation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 7th. The packet will be sent back out to coaches Thursday, February 8th, one week before Congress begins. Each school may submit a maximum of 3 bills, to avoid the docket getting too large.
8. Extemp topic areas:
Round 1 - Domestic Politics
Round 2 - Domestic Economics
Round 3 - US Foreign Policy
Finals (if necessary) - Domestic Social
Round 1 - Europe & The Americas
Round 2 - Africa & The Middle East
Round 3 - Asia & The Pacific
Finals (if necessary) - International Organizations
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the tournament.
Nate Conoly, ASDA President