2016 — Lexington, KY/US
On behalf of KHSSL and the Lafayette Speech and Debate Team, we would like to invite you to the KHSSL/Marquis Tournament on Saturday, 5 November. The tournament will be held on the campus of the University of Kentucky—the tentative schedule is noted below.
This Junior Division tournament will feature all twelve KHSSL Junior events. Each competitor is guaranteed three preliminary rounds. We will clear to a final round.
We hope to provide a high standard of hospitality for competitors and judges. Food will be available for sale.
Logistics of parking, registration, will be available on 31 October. We will be using White Hall Classroom Building, Funkhouser, and several other buildings in the Academic Core of campus.
- Entry fee—one person event--$5
- Entry fee—dual event--$10
- Multiple entry--Double- and Triple-entry is permitted.
- Judge hire fee--$40—we have a very limited number of hired judges
- Judging requirement--1 judge for every 6 entries; you must provide at least 1 before hiring any
- Sweepstakes --Top three entries in each event count
- Entry limits --We will start at 5 entries per event, and then lift the waitlist as we can
- Nuisance fee--$5 per change from 11/2 at 5 pm to 11/4 at 330 pm
- Late Drop Fee--Entry fee plus $5 if made before your arrival at registration; entry fee plus $25 if made at in-person registration
Registration 730 – 815 am
Opening Meeting 830 am
Round I 845 am
Round II 1015 am
Round III 1230 pm
Final Round 230 pm
Awards 430 pm
Extemp Draw takes place 30 minutes before the start time of the round
Registration will close at 5 pm on Wednesday, 2 November; you will be able to make changes until 330 pm on the 4th for $5 per change.
We hope to see you on the 5th!
William Cooper, KHSSL Director
Zach Shinall, Lafayette Speech and Debate Coach