1st Annual Pirate Invitational
2016 — WI/US
December 4, 2015
Dear Coaches and Student competitors:
The Port Washington High School staff and administration would like to invite you to the 1st Annual Pirate Invitational Tournament to be held Saturday, January 16, at Port Washington High School, in Port Washington, WI.
Enclosed you will find detailed information concerning tournament rules and procedures, deadlines, and a schedule of events.
The important dates for this tournament are as follows:
Entries due: 1/9/16, 5:00 p.m.
Fees Assessed: 1/13/16, 5:00 p.m.
Judge entries due: 1/13/16, 5:00 p.m.
Online drops and adds until 1/13/16 5:00 p.m.
On the day of the tournament, please text confirmation and changes to (262)573-2629
If you have any questions regarding the tournament, your entries, or anything else, please call me at school after 3 P.M. (262-268-5568), or on my cell at 262-573-2629. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Michelle Uttke Eric Burke David Kortes
Director of Forensics Principal Team President
Port Washington High School
427 W. Jackson St.
Port Washington, WI 53074
PIRATE INVITATIONAL GENERAL INFORMATION
- Registration will be done through www.tabroom.com; initial entries and judges must be on Tabroom.com by January 9. 2016. All changes must be completed by January 13 through tabroom.com
- All fees (registration and judges) will be assessed based on your entries on January 13. The judging requirements are as follows: 1 judge for every 5 competitors (or fraction thereof). Judge requirements will increase with added students.
- This tournament is run according to the rules of the Wisconsin Forensics Coaches Association. We will offer WFCA categories.
- Entries: You may enter up t0 10 students in each event. Beyond that, students will be Wait-listed pending space. Students may double in any event except Extemp and Radio. NOVICE AND VARSITY WILL BE SPLIT IN PROSE AND POETRY. Novice students are students in their FIRST year of FORENSICS competition.
- We may run 3 rounds followed by power rounds, through the following schedule:
7:30-8:00 a.m. Registration outside the school library.
8:15 Informational meetings: Students in the cafeteria commons; Judges and Coaches in the Little Theater
8:00 Extemp/Radio Draw in the Library
8:30 Round 1
9:45 Round 2
11:00 Round 3
Lunch in cafeteria commons
1:30 Power Round posting—Cafeteria commons, outside the library
3:30 Awards in the auditorium
(Trophies will be awarded to the top 2 competitors in each event with medals for the remaining finalists. Team trophies will be given for the top three teams in the following categories: 1-5 entries, 12-18 entries, and 19+ entries)
- Locations: (Maps will be provided at the tournament.)
Student Area/Postings/Refreshments Student Activity Center
Judges Lounge Little Theater
Extemp Prep Room Library
Tab Room Library Computer lab
(The tab room is limited to coaches during the tournament.)
- PLEASE NOTE: No food or drink will be allowed outside of the student activity area with the exception of bottled water. Please keep the Student Activity Center cleaned up and remove all belongs from classrooms when leaving.