Lexington Winter Invitational
2024 — Lexington, MA/US
Welcome to Big Lex 2024!
As we get closer to the tournament additional information will be posted here, and eventually in our Live Doc, but here are the highlights!
Hotel Information: Please contact Mackenzie and she will book your rooms for you...
Senior Sales Manager
Boston Marriott Burlington
Pyramid Global Hospitality
One Burlington Mall Road | Burlington, MA 01803
1) We have secured a block of rooms at the Burlington Marriott (the same hotel as always). We have an amazing rate! The contact information to make your reservations is above. Its restaurant has reopened and is still delicious.
2) Adult Judges and coaches will be invited to dine in our judges’ lounge for all meals on Saturday and Sunday. Students (including student judges) will be able to purchase concessions items for breakfast (if they did not eat for free in the hotel or at home) and will be served lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday at no cost. The meals are provided by the school's food service, except for Sunday night's pizza and other things party, which is hosted by our Lexington parents.
3) We will offer six prelims in all events -- Varsity Policy, Novice Policy Packet, Novice Policy Open, Varsity LD, Novice LD, Varsity PF, Novice PF -- and will break as many 4-2s as possible, given the need to finish PF and LD on Sunday and the need not to do more than four policy rounds on either Saturday or Sunday. The last of the Policy Elims will finish on Monday.
3.5) We continue to have a TOC Quarters bid in all of our Varsity events.
4) We will not be able to completely cover a school's full judging obligation in any event and will not be able to provide hired judging at all in the varsity events until after we have the cushion every tournament needs to run well, so please work on bringing judges to cover your entries.
5) We will have some judges for hire in ALL novice events. For novice, all juniors and seniors with at least 200 NSDA points will be able to judge. We welcome your student judges!
6) We will hold a U50 break out in the Varsity Policy division for all entries that have debated under 50 rounds, since we will not be holding a separate JV policy division. Please send us an email if you have teams that meet this criterion in the Varsity division.
7) We will use “Six Category” Mutually Preferred judging in Varsity LD and Varsity Policy and Judge Strikes in Varsity PF.
Looking forward to seeing you in Lexington in January!
Kaz, Janet and the Lexington Debate Family