LaRue County High School Ruth Blair Invitational
2023 — Hodgenville, KY/US
Ruth Blair Invitational – LaRue County High SchoolHosted at LaRue County Middle/High School Campus
Dear Speech Team and Coach,
You are cordially invited to the Ruth Blair Invitational hosted by LaRue County High School to be held on November 4, 2023 at LaRue County Middle/High School in Hodgenville, KY. We will be offering all K.H.S.S.L. senior division speech events with unlimited entries. Registration will begin at 7:00 in the front office of the high school with Extemp draw beginning at 8:30 in the high school library.
Entry fees: Entry fees will be $7 per entry (duo events count as 2 entries). Please make checks to LaRue County High School Speech. Students may enter up to three events, but we will not hold rounds for late students, so we strongly urge you to enter only two events if you are doing limited prep.
Broadcasting: Second round of Broadcasting will be a prepared script. Please make sure your students bring 2 copies of the script.
Judges: Each school must provide one (1) judge per six (6) individual events entries. 1-6 entries = 1 judge; 7-12 entries = 2 judges; 13-18 entries = 3 judges, etc. There will be a $35 fee per missing judge. Please bring judges! We would prefer your judges over your money!!!
Drops: All event drops on the morning of the tournament will result in a $10 fee. Judge drops will result in a $50 fee.
Entry deadlines: Please entry by following this LINK by 7:00 PM on Wednesday, November 1, 2023. The tournament is open now.
Schedule: Traditional 3 round tournament. Please see times below.
Trophies: Awards will be given to the top 6 in each event and the top 6 in sweepstakes.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org; Cell 270.766.7994
Katy Blair Cecil
LCHS Speech Coach
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & SCHEDULE
It is VERY important that we get started on time and have a smooth tournament this weekend. Towards this end we’d like to pass along some information and reminders.
- We ARE tripling. This means ALL Extempers who are tripling need to go to their Extemp round first then go to their Broadcasting round if applicable. Any Broadcaster who is competing in anything other than Extemp needs to go to Broadcasting first and then their other events.
- Remind Judges to check the numbers they are given to see if they match the students in the rooms. It only slows us down when we have to move students because a judge did not pay attention to his/her list.
- If there are any problems, judges can call central command number 23090 on any black phone (located in every room in both buildings).
- REMEMBER we want to stay on time. That means Extemp needs to be here and ready to go by 8:15 AT THE LATEST for the 1st Extemp draw.
- Speech Schedule is as follows, and we will do our very best to stick to it:
Round I 9:00 – 10:30 (Extemp Draw 8:30)
Round II 10:45 – 12:15 (Extemp Draw 10:15)
Round III 12:45 – 2:15 (Extemp Draw 12:15)
(Broad Draw 12:30)
Finals 3:15 – 4:30 (Extemp & Broad Draw 2:45)
Awards 4:45 (or ASAP)