Idaho Mountain River District Tournament
2024 — ID/US
Idaho Mountain River District Qualifier
for the 2024 National Tournament
Idaho Mountain River National Qualifier Tournament.
IT IS THE AFFIRM DUTY OF EVERY COACH TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES. Rules can be found in the High School Unified Manual here: https://www.speechanddebate.org/high-school-unified-manual/
- Congress and BQ - Friday, February 2nd, 8:00 PM
- Speech and Debate - Friday, February 9th, 8:00 AM
- The "Of the Year" Nominations are due with your speech and debate registration at 8 AM on Friday, February 9th.
- How to nominate: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I2Y3wQDm94VXAYDEIw2tTuvL2FvfQlpv/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111340054915774299294&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Your entry limits are set by NSDA Rules and can be found on the dashboard of your NSDA account.
- You are limited to 4 entries per event except in House (set by NSDA rules) and BQ (limit is 5)
- The more congress entries, the more entries we get to nationals. Please consider maximizing your Congress entries.
- If you are having a hard time registering students, check to make sure they have 25 NSDA points and a full NSDA account. If you are still struggling, reach out to a committee member (Brock, Christine, Dana, Jett, Katie, Robin).
- Please do not put yourself in the judge pool. Coaches must be available at the tournament to review ballots for their students.
- Please fulfill your judge obligation. That is how we keep the tournament on time and get to go home before dawn.
- All NSDA and tournament fees must be paid by registration on February 9th.
- Judge's Bond - $100.00 - Will be reimbursed if all of your judges show up and go to all of their assigned rounds.
- Entry Fees - $6 per individual event, $12 per partner event
Paperwork- All required paperwork can be found on your entry on Tabroom.
- Print and sign school consent forms and bring them with you to tournament.
- Each competitor must complete a single-entry letter of intent on Tabroom before registration closes on February 9th at 8:00 AM. You should print SELI's and make sure they match what you enter online. You should also bring a copy of your SELI's to the tournament.
- Your scripts for Interps, Inform, and OO must be submitted during registration of the speech and debate tournament on Feb. 16th.Entries without correct scripts are subject to being dropped. You can bring them to the tournament or share them digitally with Christine email@example.com.
- WS Applications are due with speech and debate registration on February 9th at 8:00 AM. You can bring them with you or email them to Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scripts- All rules for script verification can be found on pages 48-49 of the NSDA Manual
Scripts must be turned in at speech and debate registration for the following events: Informative, Original Oratory, Humorous Interp, Dramatic Interp, Duo Interp, Program Oral Interp. The scripts must follow the guidelines found on pg. 48-49 of the Unified Manual. (If you want a committee member to look over your scripts before the due date, get them to Dana or Christine at the Trojan War or the Congress/BQ tournament.)
- Interp Paperwork
- Make sure your script is legal. It needs to be a published piece that you have the original copy of, or from an approved website.
- Attach a completed cover sheet to the script.
- Interp: https://docs.google.com/document/d/134MluekbgKzQAy2lJpEleW3512eZeOOJ/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=111340054915774299294&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Provide a copy of the original script with pages in the order of performance, words used highlighted, and any additions for transition or intro written in Black ink (don't cross anything out). The POI copied script is hard. You have to put it IN ORDER OF PERFORMANCE, so you may be using the same page 2 or 3 times.
- Provide a typed manuscript of the performance. The typed manuscript includes EVERYTHING YOU SAY, including additions for transition It is important to understand that even if you use the entire script you still need to type it out and submit a separate manuscript. I just have my students use their phones and use talk to text. Then they get a practice in, and all they have to do is a quick edit.
- MLA Citation for each event and each piece in POI.
- OO and Inform
- Cover Sheet
- Typed Manuscript in MLA or APA format with quoted words highlighted.
BELONGING AND INCLUSION STATION
The Idaho Mountain River District is committed to providing a safer, more inclusive speech and debate competition. To that end, we will offer a Belonging and Inclusion Station as a tournament resource to provide interpersonal support to anyone who feels that an element of the tournament has excluded them. The BIS will also provide safeguards to any concerns about behavior that violates our harassment and discrimination policy.
Anyone seeking interpersonal support or needing to raise concerns regarding harassment and discrimination may visit our Belonging and Inclusion Advocate, Joseph Tyler. In order to contact Joseph, please stop by the Ballot Table located outside of the library at Blackfoot High School.