ASDCA Middle School Winter Cup
2023 — Ahwatukee, AZ/US
Welcome to the 2023 ASDCA Middle School Winter Cup!
December 9th at BASIS Ahwatukee
- A competitor may only double enter in two speech events. Competitors in BQ or Congressional Debate may not double enter in any other event.
- The tournament is open to Arizona 6-8th Grade Students Only.
- You do NOT need to be an ASDCA member school in order to attend this tournament. All Arizona middle school programs are welcome!
- Congressional Debate will have three sessions starting around 8:00 AM. Two preliminary sessions will occur in the morning with a final's session in the afternoon.
- BQ Debate, Storytelling, Impromptu and Declamation will begin at 8:00 AM. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to rounds.
- BQ will host four preliminary rounds of with all winning advancing to afternoon elimination rounds.
- Storytelling, Impromptu and Declamation will run three preliminary rounds. Entry size will determine if a semifinals will be held in the afternoon.
- Coaches should be the one preparing the team's entry.
- Juniors and Seniors with 250 NSDA points are welcome and encouraged to judge.
- The Winter Cup will be held in person.
- For all concerns, please reach out to Jada.Genter@Basised.com.
10210 S 50th Pl
Phoenix, AZ 85044
IE Event Times (all events utilize a 30-second over time grace period)
- Storytelling: 5-Minute Performance (New Rule: All four legs of the chair must remain on the ground once the performance begins)
- Declamation: 10-Minute Speech
- Impromptu: 7-Minute Speech
Resolved: Belief in the supernatural is incompatible with belief in science.
Congress legislation can be found and downloaded here: UPLOAD UPCOMING.
Food & Snacks
BASIS Ahwatukee will have a concession stand open throughout the tournament with a variety of snacks and drinks. Hot meals will be available for purchase for competitors throughout the lunch hours. ASDCA graciously sponsors lunch and snacks for judges/volunteers throughout the day in the Judges' Lounge.