Pembroke Hill MS Tournament
2024 — Kansas City, MO/US
Dear Fellow Speech and Debate Coach,
The Pembroke Hill School will host a speech and debate tournament on February 16th, 2023, at Pembroke Hill School on the Ward Parkway Campus. Please register online on tabroom.com. Early and accurate registration is appreciated. The registration deadline is February 16th, 2023. To provide a well-run tournament, please be prepared to provide at least one judge. Please enter them on tabroom.com. They must be prepared to fill out an online ballot. We will use them as a last resort if you select them as such while registering.
We will guarantee each school 4 entries per event at first. But we anticipate being able to offer nearly all entries a spot. If we are required to cap registration, we will let entries off the waitlist on a first-registered, first-served basis. We have every belief we will be able to accommodate every entry.
We will use the Greater KC MS Speech & Debate Rule Set for all rules, except for the minor modifications listed below.
1. Debate Tiebreakers. There is no "Opp Loss" Tiebreaker in tabroom, instead, we will use avg wins of all opponents.
2. We have some leftover sugar skulls to use as awards from our HS tournament. We will use these for awards instead.
3. Codes. We will use first and last names + a school numeric code for all events. School numeric codes school be declared pursuant to the rules packet above for GKC MS programs.
4. Ballots are all digital.
5. No school fees. $3 per kid, per entry. Ex PFD and Duo are $6 while OO is $3.
6. Pizza deal. Collect 5 bucks per kid. Kids get 2 slices plus a soda. Order via Tabroom.com registration.
We believe that is it! Please view our schedule and other details listed on the right-hand sidebar!
The Pembroke Hill School Speech & Debate
Justin Smith, & Parker Hopkins