Georgia Northern Mountain District Tournament
2023 — GA/US
Georgia Northern Mountain District Qualifier
for the 2023 National Tournament
All Events but Congress
Midtown High School
Atlanta, GASat 3/11 Sat 3/11 DUO HI INF IX LD OO POI PF USX
CongressSat 3/11 Sat 3/11 HSENSDA Georgia Northern Mountain District National Qualifier February 11, 2023 Greetings, colleagues! The NSDA GA Northern Mountain District Tournament will take place in person at Midtown High School on February 11th, 2023. For member schools, this tournament serves as the qualification tournament for NSDA Nationals held in June in Phoenix, AZ, June 11-16, 2023. Your district committee hopes to see as many member schools in attendance as possible. A TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION GUIDE CAN BE FOUND IN THE MENU ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TABROOM PAGE. If you need additional help navigating registration, please contact district chair, Mario Herrera, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-242-2297. Your district committee is: Mario Herrera, Midtown HS, Chair Jonathan Waters, Lassiter HS Jamie Wills, Cherokee HS David Gay, Dunwoody HS Mary Kay Waterman, The Lovett School Tournament Logistics Note: The tournament will abide by the NSDA District Manual for every aspect of the tournament. The information provided below is meant to be a summation of material from the manual. If the two seem in any way to conflict, the district manual takes priority. Entry Information
Online Site - GA Northern Mountain Districts
- Total number of entries a school has is based upon school strength. To learn more about your school strength, click on the “School Strength” button on the right side of this page.
- Double entry is allowed only in Speech events. A student may only qualify to nationals in one event. Students entering debate may only enter in either Public Forum or Lincoln-Douglas Debate (and not any Speech event). Additionally, students may only enter one flavor of Extemporaneous Speaking.
- Registration Deadline — Tuesday, February 8 at 5PM
- Judging — All schools are expected to meet their judging requirement. There is no hired judging available at this tournament. If you need help with this, please contact Mario Herrera. Judges provided by the District Committee are meant to supplement the obligated judges that each school brings.
- If numbers allow, we will have four preliminary rounds of debate.
- All entries with winning records will advance to single elimination rounds.
- Three preliminary rounds will be held in all events with at least eight entries.
- In events with at least eight entries, a minimum of four entries will advance to a final round, or at least 25% of all entries depending on the size of the event.
- Meals will be available for purchase at the tournaments, as well as snacks available throughout the day.
- The Georgia Northern Mountain District will provide snacks and lunch for all coaches and judges.