Golden Desert District Tournament
2023 — NV/US
Golden Desert District Qualifier
for the 2023 National Tournament
Advanced Technologies Academy (A-TECH)
Las Vegas, NVFri 3/24 Sat 3/25 HSE LD CX PF SEN
Las Vegas, NVFri 3/31 Sat 4/1 DI DUO HI INF IX OO POI USX
School entry requirements:
- Schools must have paid all NSDA membership dues and fees prior the District tournament.
- Schools have the affirmative duty to enter only up to their allotted number of entries.
- Schools have the affirmative duty to ensure their entries meet qualifications and have submitted a Single Entry Letter of Intent.
- Coaches have the affirmative duty to have in their possession at the District tournament all scripts and manuscripts for their competitors, meeting the following requirements for Informative and Oratory: "The script must identify quoted materials, state the number of quoted words , include a work cited page in APA or MLA format, and both the orator and the coach must attest by signature that the oration is the original work of the contestant." (p. 70 of the Unified Manual) and for POI, DI, HI, and Duo scripts must meet the requirements for Source Verification on pages 47-48 of the HS Unified Manual.
Student entry requirements:
- Students must be paid members of the NSDA in good standing prior to be entered in the District tournament.
- Students must have completed a Single Entry Letter of Intent stating their preferred events for Nationals according the guidelines posted on the Single Entry Letter of Intent page of this website.
- Competitors in Oratory, Informative, POI, DI, HI, and Duo must have signed off on the copy of their script in their coaches' possession throughout the tournament.
- Students competing at Districts should be capable of attending the National Tournament.
- Students should meet the requirements set by their school for entry.