Heights Monster Mash Debate Invitational
2022 — Wichita, KS/US
>>> Welcome to Wichita Heights High School! <<<
You will find WIFI info, useful locations, and a list of restaurants on the sidebar.
1. All teams will be debating this year’s resolution -- Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its security cooperation with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, biotechnology, cybersecurity.
2. All debates will use the standard 8-3-5 cross examination format with 8 minutes for prep time per team, per round.
3. Any team more than 10 minutes late to the round (through their own fault) will receive a 3-4/0 Points loss.
4. No two debaters from different schools may debate together as a team.
5. Please note that the novice division is caselisted.
6. Any rules challenges (evidence or otherwise) must be made before the beginning of the next round. Issues of clipping cards should be argued in the debate and the ultimate decision will be made at the discretion of the judge evaluating the round.
7. The tab room will always be open and it is your job to check the results before the awards assembly. Once the assembly starts, the placements are final.
8. We will be using the KSHSAA revised rules for internet use. This is the log on information:
9. We will delay power match rounds after lunch.
10. Cancellations will result in rescheduling, substitution of host teams, or byes.
11. No Mavericks unless it is a last resort and has been approved by the tournament director.
12. Fees for entry and hospitality are non-refundable.
13. Coaches and/or sponsors may be asked to judge in the event of a necessary judge change