Jr High Tournament hosted by Jonesboro High School
2022 — Jonesboro, AR/US
Jr. High Tournament hosted by Jonesboro High School
December 3, 2022
Jonesboro High School is pleased to be hosting a Jr. High Tournament on Saturday, December 3, 2022. We would love for your team to participate.
1. Registration - The registration deadline is Monday, November 28 at noon. Any changes made after this date and time will incur a $10/change penalty. We will be using Tabroom for registration. .
a. Pattern A – Extemporaneous Speaking, Dramatic Interpretation, Humorous Interpretation, DUO Interpretation, Prose, POI
b. Pattern B – Duet Improv, Impromptu, Informative, Oratory, Poetry, Storytelling
c. Debate – We will offer Congressional Debate, IPDA, Lincoln/Douglas and Public Forum
d. Group Events – Reader’s Theater and Words and Music
3. Students may enter up to two events in Pattern A and two events in Pattern B. All attempts will be made to accommodate debaters who wish to enter events in Pattern A or B. We will not hold rounds. Any additional conflicts with debate may result in a student having to choose between debate and the other event. Once the time has expired anyone who has not performed will be marked as a no show.
4. Judging – I know tournaments say this but I am serious when I say our local judge pool is still very small. Therefore, we are requiring each school provide one judge for every two debate entries and one judge for every 10 speech entries. Since this is a jr high tournament we will allow high school students to judge. Uncovered judging slots will result in either a judging fee being assessed (still not sure where these judges will come from) or some entries being dropped. Please make sure to discuss tournament decorum and judging responsibilities prior to the start of the tournament.
5. Awards – We will be offering awards for all finalist.
6. Arrival – We will be using the Main Entrance (north side of the building). All buses/cars will park in the north parking lot. There are four events happening on our campus the day of the tournament. In order to accommodate all the events, it is imperative that everyone park in the designated areas.
7. Pre-paid meals – Our booster club is offering a pre-paid meal ticket for your convenience. Each meal is $6.00 and students have a choice of Cheese Nachos, Chili Cheese Nachos, Hot Dog, Chili Dog. Each meal will come with chips and a bottle of water. A google form will be sent if you would like to pre-order your meals. This needs to be done separate from your tournament entry.
8. Concessions will be provided on Saturday. All food must be consumed in the cafeteria. Please do not bring in outside food.
9. A lounge will be provided for coaches, judges and drivers. A separate lounge will be set up for student judges to enable adults to have a student free zone.
10. UGLY SWEATER CONTEST – In the spirit of fun, let’s encourage participants to wear their best UGLY SWEATER. It will cost $2.00 to enter. Students will have their photo taken when they enter. We will offer prizes for 1st-3rd place.
11. CANDY CANE GRAMS – We will be selling CANDY CANE GRAMS for $1.00 each.
12. PAYMENT OR PURCHASE ORDER MUST BE PRESENTED AT REGISTRATION. Payment should be made payable to:
301 Hurricane Drive
Jonesboro, AR 72401