All Gavels Eve Saginaw Fall UIL
2022 — Saginaw, TX/US
You and your students are invited to our UIL Fall Contest! We will have all academics. Additionally, we will have Congressional Debate (We will run the UIL Region 11 Docket), CX Debate, LD Debate, Prose, Poetry, and informative and Persuasive Speaking.
This event will be held in person at Saginaw High School, located at 800 N Blue Mound Road.
Schools may pre-order Cane’s Boxes that include fries and three chicken strips and a canned soda or water.
Hospitality is available for coaches, sponsors, and bus drivers.
Important information regarding entries:
1. Prose and Poetry will have three rounds. Round 1 Category A and Round 2 Category B are randomly sectioned and will have a single judge. Round 3 will be blind/hidden finals (based on low cumulative score) and the reader’s choice. The finals room will be paneled; all others will have a single judge. UIL tabbing will be used to determine the final ranks within the final room.
2. Extemp (Informative and Persuasive) will have two rounds. Round 1 will be random sectioning, and Round 2 will be blind/hidden finals.
3. LD Debate and CX Debate: Based on previous years, we are expecting large numbers. To ensure that the tournament runs on time, judges will be instructed to sign their ballot as a loss if a student is more than 15 minutes late. It is the responsibility of each debater to ensure a prompt arrival for the round.
4. Remember, CROSS ENTRIES are at your own risk. NO rounds or events will be held for a student that is cross-entered.
5. Congressional Debate will run UIL Region 11 Legislation.
6. If you entered a judge/grader for an event, they are expected to report to that event. If they fail to sign in, your school will be billed a $50.00 fee for every uncovered grader and a $150.00 fee for every speech judge.
7. Journalism and Ready Writing will be judged by hired judges.
Complete list of events:
· Current Issues & Events
· Ready Writing
· Computer Applications
· Calculator Applications
· Copy Editing
· News Writing
· Feature Writing
· Social Studies
· Editorial Writing
· Computer Science (written)
· Headline Writing
· Computer Science Hands-On
· Literary Criticism
· LD Debate
· CX Debate
· Congressional Debate
· Persuasive and Informative Extemp
· Prose and Poetry