LouPlatte Speech Conference
2023 — Ravenna, NE/US
Dear Speech Coaches:
- It is our pleasure to invite you and your students to the Louplatte Conference Speech Meet held on Wednesday, February 16, 2022.
- Please access David Cooper’s website at the following address: http://louplatte.tabroom.com/ to register and update your entries
- I also ask that you email me with your PHONE # where we can reach you at 5:00 a.m. in case of weather cancellation. See the end of the letter for email.
- The meet begins at 9:00 a.m. Extemp file check-in will be at 8:30 in the library. All extempers will need to STAY in the extemp prep area until dismissed!
- Buses may park in the east parking lot. Use the high school gym as your home base.
- ENTRIES: Schools may have a total of 18 entries with two entries for each event. Contestants may only enter two events. All contestants will be judged once in a preliminary round. Events that have 8 entries or less will go directly to finals with two judges in the finals.
- REGISTRATION: Online registration for entries is due by Wednesday, February 9th. All registration is done through the website listed above run by David Cooper. Let me know if you have questions about this.
- FOOD: We will have a concession stand near the lunchroom starting around 8:30 am. They will have a limited breakfast menu with lunch options including pizza, hotdogs, and pretzels. There will also be a judges and coaches hospitality room available throughout the day!
COURTESY: Be a courteous audience to all speakers. Please remain in your rounds until they are finished with the exception of being double entered. Be quiet in the hallways. The lunch area and gym should be the only gathering place for students. Ipods and phones with music must be used with headphones. Cell phones must be turned off or silenced while in the hallways and classrooms.
We look forward to seeing you in February and hosting your school!
Ravenna Speech Coach
Cell: (308)440-1472 (Heidi)
Ravenna High School: 308-452-3249