Twin Valley Conference Speech
January 3, 2022
TVC Speech Coaches,
Franklin High School will be the site for the Twin Valley Conference speech contest on February 23, 2022. Registration will begin at 8:00 am. We will have a coaches/scratch meeting at 8:30, followed by the first round of events beginning at 9:00 am. Extemp draw will take place in Library 1 hour prior to event.
To submit entries please go to:http://twinvalley.tabroom.com . The entries are due by February 14th. Please remember that it is two entries per school in individual and group events and a contestant can only compete in two events.
Here are the tournament parameters as outlined in the Conference Bylaws;
1. NSAA Rules are followed (Class D schools may triple enter, Class C schools may double enter)
2. Each school that participates in the TVC Speech Meet will be responsible for providing a Speech Judge for the meet. The school will need to report the name and location of the judge to the host school within one month of the Speech Meet. If a school cannot provide a judge, they would then contact the Conference Secretary/Treasurer within one month of the meet to be aided in finding a judge for the meet.
3. Medals will be given to the top six events.
4. A first place plaque will be given to the high overall winning school.
5. A second place plaque will be given for high overall second place school.
6. In the event of a postponement, the event will be held on the following Thursday or Friday and will be held in a single round, with a starting time of 4:00 pm. Coaches will be responsible for judging and providing feedback for events.
9:00 Round 1A - Hum, Inf, Poe, OID
9:15 Extemp Draw A
10:15 Round 1B - Duet, Ser, Ent, Ext, Per
11:30 Round 1A
11:45 Extemp Draw B
12:45 Round 1B
2:00 Final A
2:15 Extemp Draw Finals
3:15 Final B
Concessions will be offered to students. There will be a full hospitality room for coaches and judges. Teams will set up camp in the Main Gym. Awards will also be held in the Main Gym.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
Once all entries are received, we will send out a letter with room sites and schedules.
If you have any further questions please contact me by email or phone:
Doyle Hanshaw | Franklin Public Schools
Director of Bands| Head Speech Coach
Elementary Music Teacher | Assistant Golf Coach
1001 M St|Franklin, NE 68939
308.425.6283 ex. 37 | cell: 402.639.1490