The End of Summer Speech and Debate Spectacular

2022 — NSDA Campus, US

 

The Summer Speech & Debate

Spectacular

We are excited to invite you to the 2022 Summer Speech & Debate Spectacular, which will be held online over NSDA Campus and Zoom the weekend before the beginning of the 2022-2023 Season

 

The goal of this tournament is to provide students an opportunity to compete with one another using the topics, legislation, and categories used in the September/October Debate Resolution, and upcoming tournament legislaton, almost like a scrimmage. This tournament gives students the opportunity to practice before it’s the real thing, while still giving them a platform to uplift their voices!

 

Tournament entry will be free of charge for every competitor to remove barriers, and to ensure an equitable experience for all; however, we will be charging minor fees in the instance that the judging requirement cannot be met. Our panel of judges will also be integrated with graduated competitors who are experts in their field of competition!

 

This tournament will be accepting donations using online methods including Venmo, Paypal, & GoFundMe. 25% of donations will be used to cover basic tournament fees, such as hiring additional judges (if needed)  and the cost of additional NSDA Campus Rooms. The remaining 75% will be donated to a selected non-profit organization, which will be decided in the early weeks of July!

 

All tournament information, updates, schedules, and round information can be found using the Main Tournament Tabroom Page - http://summersd.tabroom.com. Registration for the tournament will close on August 15th.

 

Events Offered:

Congressional Debate (CD)

Lincoln Douglas (LD)

Public Forum (PF)

Policy (CX)

World Schools Debate (WSD)
Dramatic Interpretation (DI)

Duo Interpretation (Duo)

Humorous Interpretation (HI)

Impromptu (Imp)

Informative (Info)

International Extemporaneous Speaking (IX)

Original Oratory (OO)

Programmed Oral Interpretation (POI)

United States Extemporaneous Speaking (USX)