Ore City Rowdy Rebels Tournament
Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Ore City UIL Speech and Debate Tournament. We are pleased to offer the following UIL events: CX Debate, LD Debate, Persuasive Extemp, Informative Extemp, Prose, Poetry.
We are excited to offer our entire tournament in person. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have additional questions or concerns.
Our students and I look forward to hosting you!
- CX Debate will be debating the 2021-22 Resolution – Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its protection of water resources in the United States.
- LD Debate will be debating the UIL Spring LD Resolution –
Please make all checks payable to Hallsville HS Speech and Debate.
· CX Debate - $25.00
· LD and Duo Entry - $15.00
· Individual Event Entry (and Congress) - $10.00
· Missing Judge Fee - $150.00
· CX – One judge for every 2 entries or portion thereof.
· LD – One judge for every 4 entries or portion thereof.
· IEs* – One judge for every 6 entries or portion thereof.
* If you have a judge that is only qualified to judge only some of the individual events, please indicate this information in the notes section of the entry and what that event or those events are. If there is no note present, we will assume that the judge is qualified for all individual events and will put them into all pools.
If you are an individual that wishes to pursue a judging contract at this tournament, email your judging résumé and any other pertinent details to Kenneth Adcock at adcockk@ocisd,net
Any general questions should be addressed to Kenneth Adcock at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (903)968-3300.
·Judges are allowed and encouraged to give an oral critique after debate rounds, but this form of critique should NOT replace a well-written ballot. Additionally, all oral critiques should be short and to-the-point, and all ballots should be returned within 5 minutes of the round’s completion, if at all possible.