Idaho Mountain River District Tournament
2022 — ID/US
Idaho Mountain River District Qualifier
for the 2022 National Tournament
Welcome to the Idaho Mountain River National Speech and Debate Association District Tournament!
Please remember that it is the affirm duty of every coach to read, understand, and be knowledgeable about the rules. The NSDA High School Unified Manual can be downloaded here: https://www.speechanddebate.org/high-school-unified-manual/
Please observe the following deadlines:
* Congress and BQ entries are due on Tabroom by the end of the day February 4th.
* Speech and Debate entries are due on Tabroom by the end of the day February 11th.
*All NSDA fees must be paid prior to the tournament.
*Tournament fees must be paid prior to the tournament, or a PO or email from your bookkeeper must be on record, before the tournament.
* World Schools Applications are due to Dana Facer (firstname.lastname@example.org) February 11 at 5:00 PM: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ir2a1Pd2GkfbH-sIeqMVUt5PfrcoGeP32oUp4L1VmZw/edit?usp=sharing
* "Of the Year" Applications are due by February 10th at 5:00 PM. See the information below.
- Nominations for "Of the Year" awards will need to be done online before the tournament through the following procedure:
- For these NSDA awards, please follow the links below to complete the application:
- Coach of the Year
- Assistant Coach of the Year
- New Coach of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Student of the Year
- For these IMR Awards, please email a nomination that includes the nominees name, school, phone number, email, and a brief explanation o of why they would be the best candidate for this award to Dana at email@example.com:
- Communicator of the Year - The District Communicator of the Year Award showcases individuals who utilize their speech and debate education in ways that profoundly impact the lives of others.
- Judge of the Year - With this award, we would like to honor a local judge that has gone above and beyond the call of duty, is fair, kind, and inclusive.
We look forward to hosting our tournaments in person, and ask all participants to observe the following safety protocols.
* Masks are requested
* Please observe social distancing protocols
* If you have experienced symptoms of Covid or have come in contact with someone affected with Covid, please do not attend the tournament
Please note the Schedules below:
Congressional Debate and Big Questions Debate - Friday, February 11 - Snake River High School
Registration and Meetings 9:00 AM
Session 1 - 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
Session 2 - 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Super Congress - 5:00 PM-8:00 PM
Big Questions Debate
As with everything at Nat Quals, BQ is very tentative. It depends on how many entries we have, how many judges we have, and how many out rounds we need. Here is a tentative schedule for 6 flighted rounds.
Big Questions Round 2 - 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Big Questions Round 3 - 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Big Questions Round 4 - 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Big Questions Round 5 - 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Big Questions Round 6 - 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speech and Debate - Friday February 18-Saturday February 19 - CSI
Friday February 18
Registration and Meetings - 10:00 AM
Round 1 Debate - 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
Round 2 Debate - 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
Round 3 Debate - 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
Round 1 Speech - 5:00 PM-6:30 PM
Round 2 Speech - 6:30 PM-8:00 PM
Round 3 Speech - 8:00 PM-9:00PM
Saturday, February 19
Round 4 Debate - 8:00 AM-10:00 AM
The remainder of the tournament will be TBA