DSDL 2 Online
Dogwood Speech and Debate League Qualifier #2
Date: Saturday, October 23rd, 2021
Registration: Registration will occur electronically on Friday, October 22nd from Noon to 4:00 PM. Please confirm your entry and judges via Tabroom. Changes ought to be texted to (919) 666-7223. Nuisance fees apply to unreported drops.
- Novice Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Novice Public Forum Debate
- Public Forum Debate
- Congressional Debate
- Duo Interpretation (Varsity & Novice)
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Original Oratory
- Informative Speaking
- Impromptu Speaking
- Dramatic Performance
- Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Program of Oral Interpretation of Literature
Public Forum: Resolved: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization should substantially increase its defense commitments to the Baltic states.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate: Resolved: The member nations of the World Trade Organization ought to reduce intellectual property protections for medicines.
Novice Lincoln-Douglas Debate: Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified.
Student Congress legislation should remember the following information in regards to submission:
- A school that enters competitors in the Congress division may submit appropriately formatted legislation.
- Legislation must be submitted before October 15th at 6:00 PM via Tabroom.
- Legislation will be posted no later than Monday, October 18th, 2021.
- To expedite the release of the legislation packet, the League has adopted templates. They can be found on the website and Tabroom.
Impromptu Topics: Released October 18th
Extemp Topics: Listed in Alphabetical Order
- Global Issues & Organizations
- Science & Technology
- US Economics, Energy & Environment
- US Foreign Policy
- US Politics
Oral Interpretation of Literature:
- Round 1 - Poetry
- Round 2 - Prose
- Round 3 - Poetry
- Round 4 - Prose
- Finals - Poetry
If you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!
Michelle Boswell, Director
Crawford Leavoy, Tournament Director