Jack C Hays Hawkoween Classic
2021 — Buda, TX/US
We will be offering the following debate and speaking events: LD Debate, CX Debate, PF Debate, World Schools Debate, Congressional Debate (Student Congress), Foreign Extemp, Domestic Extemp, Original Oratory, Duo Interp, Dramatic Interp, Humorous Interp, Duet Acting, Informative Speaking, Program of Oral Interpretation, Prose and Poetry. TFA rules and time limits will be followed in all events. We will be running double prep for extemporaneous speaking, which will permit extemp students to enter in both domestic and foreign extemp.
Hays Speech and Debate students are planning a fun (but safe) tournament experience for students from participating schools. Our tournament will feature a virtual costume contest, a spooky snack stand selling pre-packaged options and more. Check back for updates!
To ensure the efficiency of the tournament, it is very important that we start on time. Domestic extemp draw will begin promptly at 7:45 am. All DX students need to be in the library for extemp draw at 7:30 am. Please make your travel arrangements accordingly.
Student Congress Legislation for Prelims
3. A Bill to Prevent Hospital Non-Profit Status to Reduce Medical cost
21. Bill to Increase Homeless Shelters to Rehabilitate the Homeless
17. Bill to Abolish GT Programs to End Educational Inequality
19. Resolution to Support Increased Education and Tech in Fed Prisons
12. Bill to Terminate Security Aid to Azerbaijan
15. Bill to Support the Ukrainian Military
14. A Bill to Abolish Plea Bargains
29. The Consumer Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2021
Legislation for Finals
9. Aquaculture Expansion Act
27. Bill to End Forced Labor in Solar Energy Production
24. Bill to Permanently Reinstate FAST Act
16. Resolution to Provide Fair Housing Opportunities to People with Arrest Records
22. Resolution to Condemn Israeli Encroachments on Palestinian Border
26. Bill to Amend Hate Crimes Laws
13. Bill to Establish a Crypto-Currency Task Force
4. A Resolution to Withdraw from the 1953 Mutual Defense Treaty
World Schools Debate
Round 1: This House would not support US military intervention in the Taiwan Strait.
Round 2: This House supports government funding of free, public Wi-Fi.
Round 3: Impromptu Motion
Semifinals: This House supports a federal carbon tax in the United States.
Finals: Impromptu Motion
LD, PF and CX Debate
All divisions of LD Debate will use the VARSITY September/October topic:
Resolved: The member nations of the World Trade Organization ought to reduce intellectual property protections for medicines.
All divisions of PF Debate will use the VARSITY September/October topic:
Resolved: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization should substantially increase its defense commitments to the Baltic states.
Policy debate will use the 2021-2022 topic:
WE WILL NOT BREAK BRACKETS IN DEBATE
Tabulation and Awards
Recognition will be given to the finalists in each of the speech events; in debate, quarterfinalists, semifinalists, and finalists will be recognized. Sweepstakes recognition will be given to the three highest-ranking teams.
Deadlines and Logistics
The initial registration deadline for entries is Monday, October 25th. Changes to registration after Wednesday, October 27th will need to be emailed to the tournament director at email@example.com.
For more information please contact: