Campolindo Parli Party
2021 — NSDA Campus, CA/US
Campolindo Parliamentary Party
November 6th, 2021
Hosted at Campolindo High School
[Online this year]
300 Moraga Rd, Moraga, CA 94556
The Campolindo Debate Club invites you to participate in the third annual Campolindo Parliamentary Tournament on November 6th, 2020 at Campolindo High School. This is a single-day tournament and we will have qualified parliamentary debate judges and riveting resolutions.
Topic Doc << announcements will also be posted here
G e n e r a l Info:
- The tournament plans to offer 5 preliminary rounds for both open and junior varsity division. The tournament reserves the right to adapt the schedule/tournament logistics as necessary.
- All open division rounds will be adjudicated by individuals holding a background in high school and/or college parliamentary debate. Specific qualifications can be found below.
- Following the conclusion of each round will be a constructive oral RFD of no more than 15 minutes in length, as well as disclosure of the victor. We aim to provide a unique educational experience for all participants.
- The tournament will break to a semi-finals elimination round in both divisions. We will break brackets based on school affiliation.
- The tournament reserves the right to adapt the amount or structure of elimination rounds if required by tournament logistics. The tournament also reserves the right to collapse the open and junior varsity divisions if required by tournament logistics.
- Casual attire is encouraged for students, although formal attire is equally welcome.
Entry Fee: $50
Judge Hire Fees: $150
Make checks out to “Campolindo Debate” and mail them to 300 Moraga Rd, Moraga, CA 94556. Personal checks are accepted. We will offer fee breaks to teams who have financial constraints on a case-by-case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a fee waiver.
An adult chaperone must be present with each school during registration and throughout the duration of the tournament. There is a team cap of 5 per school per division with an overall tournament cap of 70 teams. We will move teams off the waitlist if space permits, on a first-come first-serve basis.
Each school will be required to provide 1 qualified judge for every two entries or less. A single open-qualified judge can cover both an open and a JV entry. Schools will be penalized $50 per round for every round that a school’s judge does not show up. Online ballots are required, so all judges must have a Tabroom account.
A qualified open division judge is at least a high school graduate/equivalent AND a coach, former open debater, and/or college debater. Experience in debate events outside of parliamentary debate is accepted, but judging experience in parliamentary debate specifically is preferred.
A qualified JV division judge may meet the open division judge requirements OR have had previous experience judging parliamentary debate. Varsity debaters and parent judges with at least 1 year of judging experience are accepted. You may cover your open entries with a JV parent judge.
Any questions about what characterizes a qualified judge should be directed to email@example.com.
UPDATED RULES: Same online rules as all other tournaments -> TEAM PREP and COACH PREP ALLOWED; ONLINE FLOWING ALLOWED
We will strive to move up topic announce start times if possible.
7:45 am: Check in/Registration
8:30 am: Round 1 Topic Announce
10:00 am: Round 2 Topic Announce
11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Lunch
12:30 pm: Round 3 Topic Announce
2:30 pm - Round 4 Topic Announce
4:30 pm - Round 5 Topic Announce
6:30 pm - Semifinals
7:30 pm - Finals right after semis
Based on the number of entries, we may add Quarterfinals if time allows.