NSDA Taiwan Members Invitational
Registration & Payment Deadline is September 26
PF Varsity and CX Varsity Final Rounds TOC Bid
- 10/9 Varsity & Novice Preliminary Rounds
- 10/10 Varsity & Novice Elims & Finals
- 10/10 Elementary Events
ELEMENTARY EVENTS (Grades 1 – 5)
- ESD: Smart Debate (G4-5): It is half speech time of PF debate.
- EOO or EST: Speech Block A (G1-5): Original Oratory or Storytelling
- EI: Speech Block B (G1-5): Impromptu
- Double-Entries must be selected from different time slots (A + B) to avoid time conflicts. Click for more instruction on kids’ speech preparation.
SECONDARY EVENTS (Grades 6 – 12)
*NO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS PERMITTED IN NOVICE*
DEBATE TOPICS (NSDA September/October Topic)
- Smart Debate (same as PF topic): Resolved: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization should substantially increase its defense commitments to the Baltic states.
- Public Forum Debate: Resolved: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization should substantially increase its defense commitments to the Baltic states. (TOC bid is reserved for high school students in final round.)
- Policy Debate: Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its protection of water resources in the United States. (TOC bid is reserved for high school students in final round.)
- Debate partner can be from a different school for the Taiwan District, but a partner must be from the same school for the U.S. NSDA.
- Double entries ONLY permitted for grade 1-4 if both entries are speech events. For all other situations, NOT permitted.
Please read to understand how NSDA tournaments are operated as nonprofit service to the students.
- Annual School Membership:
- High School – NT 4,500
- Middle School – NT 3,000
- Onetime Student Membership:
- High School – NT 1,000
- Middle School – NT 1,000
- *A student shall pay a total of $2,000 in their lifetime, if they have been a member of NSDA for Elementary, Middle, and High schools.
- Tournament Registration:
- NT$ 4,000 per one high & middle school student
- NT$ 3,000 per one elementary student
- Judging fee:
- NT$ 3,000 per one Open/Varsity Policy entry/team
- NT 4,000 will be waived if a school provides either a parent or teacher judge per 6 students; if not, must pay NT 4,000.
- Optional:If your school does not manage NSDA points for you, then a student can pay ADL 1,500 NT annually to 1) record NSDA points and 2) receive NSDA Certificates. Read more about NSDA points here.
- 30% off for students traveling from Tainan, Taitung, Kaohsiung, Pingtung, Kenting
- 50% off for students who qualify for financial aid (the coach must submit a letter of request to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 20% off if registered and paid by 9/11
- 10% off if registered and paid by 9/18
- No discounts for the following:
- NSDA membership fees
- School Judging Fees
- Policy Debate Judging Fees
- International Entry Fees
For your convenience, all fees can be wired to ADL account directly.
Cathay United Bank, Nangang Branch: 國泰世華銀行, 南港分行
Account 帳號#: 106035009666,
Account Name: 臺北市私立亞太思辯文理短期補習班天母分班, 陳南光
No refund after September 26, as we have already hired judges and paid for most other tournament expenses such as trophies, rooms, and etc.
If you have questions, please call us at 02-2876-1866 from 2:00 – 8:00 PM (Monday – Friday) and 10 AM – 6 PM (Saturday). You can also LINE us <http://nav.cx/6qTXpan>.