IMF Summer Opener
Welcome to the 2021 Summer Opener!
Participants will compete for NSDA points, judged by only the best of the best judges personally recruited by tournament organizers, receive in-depth educational criticism post-round, and contribute to a worthwhile cause if they can. Put quite simply: this is the best way to warm up for the TOC and following tournaments on the April! So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
The link to the discord on which the tournament will be held is here
The Link to the Tabroom Site is here
PF Live Document
LD Live Document
We are hosting: Public Forum, Lincoln Douglas, and Extemp Debate!
Open Public Forum
Resolved: The benefits of the International Monetary Fund outweigh the harms.
Resolved: The United States ought to guarantee universal child care.
Will be sent during Extemp Prep
· Mavericks are allowed to compete.
· There is no hybrid teams
· Independent entries are allowed
· You must be at least 10th grade to judge. This is so we can guarantee the best judging experience for all debaters. (Exceptions may apply if the Tournament Director permits it)
·If you want to judge and don't meet the requirements, then email anyone on the contact list with the following information- Name, Age, PF/Debate experience, We'll still add you in if we believe you are qualified.
· This tournament will be run through prefs
Trigger Warning for sensitive topics are mandatory, and any practice a majority of the community would find abusive should be warranted in a speech for the judge's discretion.
·We will be running this tournament through discord, with the option of switching to Zoom at the discretion of the judge and members of the round.
· All Progressive arguments must have consent from the opponents and the judges. (Exceptions may apply in elims)
· We will be putting prep time at 3 minutes
· This tournament has a no-tolerance policy towards any harassment or discrimination. We will automatically kick and remove any violators.
· We will be giving NSDA Points for this tournament.