DUDL Championship Tournament NAUDL Qualifier
2021 — Detroit, MI/US
DUDL VARSITY, NOVICE & JV CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
NAUDL QUALIFIER (VARSITY ONLY)!!!
Hosted by DUDL, WSU, and MIFA
- All entries must remain consistent throughout the tournament. No subbing or switching in and out. If you miss a round, you will be forfeited and you will get zero speaker points for that round. Because this is a championship tournament, making exceptions for absentee debaters would disadvantage, rather than reward, those students who debate ALL their assigned rounds.
- JV Breakout: Participants who enter in JV will compete in the open field during preliminary rounds, but we will have a break-out elimination bracket to determine the 2021 JV Champions. JV entries will not be eligible to compete in the NAUDL qualifier elimination bracket.
- Novice Packet: This will be the novice's last tournament on a packet! Remember, novices are restricted to packet evidence only. Make sure to check out the Evidence - Novice Restricted page, as Darcell has been updating our files, and for those who didn't compete at DUDL 5, take note that there is a new AFF & Case Neg (Death Penalty).
- Rules on Mavericks:
- Maverick debaters can debate if there is an odd number of debaters on a team in any division. A team cannot have 2 maverick debaters in one division, because those debaters could combine to one team.
- Maverick debaters are not allowed to qualify to the NAUDL Championship Tournament.
- NAUDL Qualifiers:
- The champion of the varsity division will represent DUDL at the NADUL National Championship tournament.
- The finalist of the varsity division will be the alternate to the NADUL, in the case that the champion cannot attend.
- There is a potential that NAUDL will expand the tournament to allow 2 teams from each UDL. In that case, the semi-finalists with the higher record, or if records are tied with higher speaker points, will serve as the first alternate to the NADUL, and the other semi-finalist will serve as the second alternate.
Tournament Site = ZOOM & Breakout RoomsJoin Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 923 6072 5049Passcode: 313champs
Pairings & Judge Ballots = Tabroom.com
Friday, March 5th1:30pm General Meeting / Check-In2:00pm Pairings - Rd 12:30pm Round 1 Begins4:30pm Dinner Break5:30pm Pairings - Rd 26:00pm Round 2 BeginsFriday, March 5th8:30am Check-In9:00am Pairings - Rd 39:30am Round 3 Begins11:30am Lunch Break12:00pm Pairings - Rd 412:30pm Round 4 Begins2:30pm AwardsPairings for Semi-FinalsTab will conduct the coin flips for sides, if necessary.3:15pm Semi-Finals5:00pm Short Dinner Break5:30 Pairings for FinalsTab will conduct the coin flips for sides, if necessary.6:00pm Final Rounds Begin!!!