RMHS Virtual Lobo Howl 2021
2021 — NSDA Campus, CO/US
2021 VIRTUAL LOBO HOWL INVITATIONAL
Dear Forensic Coaches,
On behalf of the Rocky Mountain High School Forensics team, it is our pleasure to invite you and your team to participate in the 2021 RMHS Lobo Howl Forensic Invitational Tournament on January 23, 2021. We hope you'll be able to join us. Please visit www.tabroom.com to register (it will be available live on Saturday, Jan. 9th).
A Wave B Wave
CX Debate LD Debate
Public Forum Debate Congressional Debate
Extemporaneous Speaking Creative Storytelling
One-on-One Value Debate Impromptu
Poetry Interp Humorous Interp
Duo Interp (split screen) Dramatic Interp
Program Oral Interp Informative Speaking
· In Synchronous events, doubling is encouraged, but only across (not within) waves
· No doubling between CX and LD events is allowed.
· Asynchronous double entering is allowed, as is crossover to no more than 1 synchronous event. Rounds 1-3 will be judged between 8-5 as rooms and judges permit.
· Students double entered in Extemp or One-on-One Debate may not receive their full prep time.
· Finals for all events will begin ASAP following the completion of preliminary rounds.
· All undefeated debaters will receive a 4th round provided enough judges are available.
· Video links for asynchronous events are due Thursday, Jan. 21, by 7:00 p.m.
· 4 entries are allowed in all events except Congress, for which there is no limit on entries. Additional entries will be accommodated if space is available and if you can bring judges with you.
· Current NSDA resolutions will be used for CX, LD, and Public Forum debates.
JUDGING: We feature a diverse judging pool of former competitors, community members and parents, and every attempt will be made to avoid the use of lay judges in CX/LD rounds. Teams should bring 1 judge for every 4 debate entries and 1 for every 6 IE entries. Coaches not wishing to judge or unable to cover their judge obligations may pay an additional $30 judging fee. As we’re learning this year, with a large pool of judges, we can run things online in a very timely manner—so please recruit/bring as many as possible! Judges covering school entry obligations will not be paid.
FEES: Registration costs are $10 per live event entries (CX and PF are $20); $8 for asynchronous events; and $6 for Congress. Fees must be paid according to pre-registration entry numbers as of Jan. 22nd . Make checks payable to Rocky Mountain High School Forensics. Our bookkeeper is Cindy Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would prefer to contact her and pay by credit card.
AWARDS: Places 1-6 will receive awards by mail. Superior and xxcellent ribbons will also be awarded as merited. In Congress, Outstanding and Superior speakers will be recognized and Presiding Officers will receive gavels. Additionally, separate sweeps trophies will be awarded in Public Speaking (CX, LD, Extemp, OO, PF, Congress, Info, Imp.) and Interpretation (HI, DI, Duo, PI, POI, CS). Points: 10, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1. Congress pts: Sup – 4, Outstanding – 3, PO - 3
PRE-REGISTRATION: Please submit a preliminary registration by Friday, Jan. 15th on the www.tabroom.com web site. Entries received after that time may not be granted entry depending on availability. Numbers can be changed without cost until Friday, Jan. 22nd.
PLEASE PHONE IN DROPS! To start the tournament on time, we ask that you inform the tabroom of your drops by 7:30 am on the day of the tournament. The earlier the better. You can do so when checking in that day in zoom or by calling/texting Paul De Maret on his cell phone at 970-980-5507. This will allow us to start closer to on time.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE: Registration will be from 7-7:30 am. Rounds will proceed as follows:
8:00 am A Wave Rd. 1 (CX and draw events to begin earlier if possible)
10:00 am B Wave Rd. 1
11:30 am A Wave Rd. 2
1:30 pm B Wave Rd. 2
3:00 pm A Wave Rd. 3
4:45 pm B Wave Rd. 3
5:30 pm Finals, A Wave/Asynchronous events
6:00 pm Finals, B Wave events
7:15 pm Awards
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Paul at (970) 980-5507 or email Paul at email@example.com. We look forward to your participation in our tournament!
Paul De Maret and Carson Wray
Make checks payable to RMHS Forensics. Please submit by January 22nd, 2021 to:
Attn: Paul De Maret email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocky Mountain High School FAX: (970) 488-7001
1300 W. Swallow Work: (970) 488-7125
Fort Collins, CO 80526 Cell: (970) 980-5507