SCDL Spring Varsity SPEECH
2021 — Online, CA/US
Southern California Debate League
Spring Varsity SPEECH 2021
Saturday, January 30, 2021
7:30 am - 5:00pm
Where: Tabroom.com / Classrooms.cloud
7:30am Round 1 Ballots released / postings
8am 1st speaker begins speaking in round 1
10am 1st speaker begins speaking in round 2
1pm 1st speaker begins speaking in SEMIS
3:15pm Final Round Postings / Final Round Ballots released
3:30pm 1st speaker begins speaking in Final Round
BE SURE TO ENTER JUDGES
Do not enter your students until your judges are confirmed
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT - SCHOOLS MUST
1. REGISTER ALL ENTRIES ON THE WEBSITE BY
5PM FRIDAY, JANUARY 22
2. BE MEMBERS OF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DEBATE LEAGUE
3. HAVE PAID THEIR 2020-2021 CHSSA DUES (BY ENTRY DEADLINE)
4. HAVE PAID ANY OUTSTANDING SCDL 2019-2020 BILLS
5. HAVE PAID ANY OUTSTANDING "FALL 2020" BILLS
ENTRIES FOR SCHOOLS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL NOT BE HONORED
Note: Schools will get four entries at State Quals for each varsity entry which competes at Spring Debate or Spring Varsity
Example....2 Varsity debate entries at Spring Debate will allow a school to enter 8 entries (in any event) at State Quals
IMPORTANT: You must have paid your CHSSA dues, League dues and any outstanding fees from last school year prior to entering this tournament.
Are you a COACH with questions? Please contact
Ms. McHugh, SCDL President
Events: All California individual events OO, OA, OI, TI, HI, IMP, Recorded General Platform, SPAR, NX, IX, DI, DUO, EXPOS, OPP, Recorded General Interp, Congressional Extemp
Patterns: All events run at the same time
Divisions: All students are entered in one open division of competition.
Entries: FINAL entries are due to the tabroom.com website no later than 5pm on Friday 1/22/21
Judges: Varsity students may NOT judge. One judge required for every five entries or portion of in the larger pattern.
Fees: $5 per entry ($10 for DUO) $10 School fee these will be billed in March.
Outstanding Fees: In order to be eligible for competition schools must have:
1. Paid outstanding SCDL fees from the 2019-2020 school year
2. Paid their FALL 2020 Bill (if your school has competed so far this year)
3. Paid their CHSSA dues and $50 league dues (first year program exempt from league dues)
A FEW REMINDERS
IF You, the coach of record, are NOT going to be attending the tournament, you must send either an adult representing your school and have them check in your team at the beginning of the tournament. The COACH on RECORD or that representative must be available to respond to any issues that might arise throughout the tournament..
IF You, the coach of record, are sending a volunteer and/or parent to care for your team. You MUST have a letter from your school, signed by your principal indicating the person you are sending is the official "chaperone" of your team for the day. The letter must be turned in to the tournament director prior to the beginning of the tournament. Failure to do so may result in your student not being allowed to compete
WHOMEVER you put in charge of your team should have the student emergency medical forms / permission slips / parent contact forms for your team. Protect your students, yourself and your "representative"
1. Make sure that you have enough judges at the tournament. Schools failing to provide the proper number of judges may have some of their entries dropped.
2. VARSITY STUDENTS MAY NOT JUDGE at this tournament. Adult judges are required
3. All judges and competitors must be able to log in to BOTH tabroom.com AND Classrooms.cloud. Detailed instructions will be posted on tabroom.com in January