American Debate League Winter Classic
2020 — NSDA Campus, NY/US
NSDA Campus Test Rooms
2. Tournament alerts & updates REMIND APP TOURNAMENT UPDATES.
Zoom instructions, open a new text message on your phone. In the “To” section type 81010. In the message section type @dec19win (No capitals and no spaces).
Hello everyone! We are so excited to host you for the American Debate League Christmas Classic! This is going to be a great experience for our kids!
To make things easy, this is the breakdown of each division:
For Speech, we will be running an all asynchronous competition. We will hold 3 preliminary rounds and a final in all events. This means that IE students are not required to be present for the competition. Judges, please note the deadlines that we would require you to turn in the ballots.
COMPETITORS MUST HAVE THEIR VIDEOS TURNED IN BY DECEMBER 12th. Please follow the instructions to submit your videos:
After recording the performance with the program of your choice, complete these steps
- CREATE A YOUTUBE ACCOUNT, if you do not already have one.
- PUBLISH YOUR VIDEO: Log in to www.youtube.com, click “upload” at the top of the front page. Upload in standard and not high-definition.
- EDIT VIDEO DETAILS: The title of your video should be the event followed by your name (ie PROSE-Your Name). In the description, add the TITLE of your selection, along with your NAME.
- EDIT VIDEO VISIBILITY: When creating the Visibility, change the audience option from “Public” to “Unlisted” to ensure the privacy of your video; only those with a link to the video can watch. Do not make your video “Private” or “Public”
- Confirm Viewability: After your video is fully uploaded, please ensure that your video has no technical issues with sound/video and that the performance is viewable from beginning to end. You might share the link with someone you trust in order to double-check that the link works.
- Upload it to Tabroom.
Prelim Round Assignments will be blasted out WEDNESDAY evening (we aim to have them out by 8 PM)
Prelim Round Assignments are due by FRIDAY at 3 PM
We will announce FINALS by FRIDAY at 8 PM.
Finals Round Assignments will be blasted out by FRIDAY at 10 PM
Finals Round Assignments are due by SATURDAY at 3 PM
We will be communicating with you throughout the entire tournament about how we can field everything. If there are ANY questions, do not hesitate to ask. Please reach out (via TEXT) at: 646-475-3670