Brookings Virtual Fall Fest
2020 — Zoom Breakout Rooms, SD/US
Oct. 13, 2020
Dear High School Oral Interp Coaches:
We are pleased to invite you to the 16th annual (1st ever virtual) Brookings Fall Festival after school oral interp invitational. The contest will be held Monday, October 26 on NSDA campus, accessed through Tabroom.com. If you are no longer the coach of a school, please let me know and/or forward this invitation to the new person.
Entries and Regulations
We are firm in our belief that students learn best by watching others perform. For this reason, we have worked hard to provide a semi-synchronous experience.
· All entries will be pre-recorded and uploaded to Tabroom.com by Sunday, Oct. 25.
· Performances will be arranged into rooms where judges will judge the performances synchronously. Students are highly encouraged to attend rounds to watch the competition. However, students are not required to be in attendance.
· Students may enter a maximum of 2 events (with an exception of a 3rd event for those participating in Readers’ Theater.)
· Following SDHSAA 2020 regulations, all duos and readers’ theater performances must be recorded in separate spaces and presented using a split screen. Here is a tutorial on how to record split screen presentations using Zoom:
· Students may only enter a single event per category (one student cannot perform in two different duos).
· While in the NSDA rooms, students are expected to conduct themselves in the same way that they would if they were live.
This year we are again going to register through Tabroom. If you do not have a Tabroom account, please follow this tutorial to set one up:
2:30-3:15 – Check in on Tabroom.com
3:30 – Judge’s Meeting in NSDA Campus
An awards video will be emailed out following the completion of the tournament. Ribbons will be mailed.
One judge is required for every five entries or fraction thereof. A limited number of hired judges will be available for $60.00. All fees and judge requirements are final as assessed on Wednesday, Oct. 21. If you have questions, feel free to contact me.
All judges will need a Tabroom.com account.
Follow this tutorial to create a judge account:
This tutorial explains how rank, rate, and give feedback using Tabroom.com: https://www.loom.com/share/9c68b5d948db462d8af5be572a985c2c
All entries must be entered into Tabroom by 8:00 PM on Wednesday, October 21.
All videos must be uploaded by 8:00 PM on Sunday, October 25.
Tutorial on video upload: https://www.loom.com/share/a4acab759cf04a66bb563450447b61fd?sharedAppSource=personal_library
Carrie Oorlog school phone—605-696-4138
Brookings High School cell phone-605-481-0036
530 Elm Ave. school email- carrie.oorlog @k12.sd.us
Brookings, SD 57006
All individuals will receive a ribbon based on the three rounds of competition.
We look forward to hosting you on the 26rd!