YFL Warm Up
2020 — Online, CA/US
ALL competitors will need to be in their competition room 20 minutes prior to the posted start time of each round!!!
Extemp competitors will need to be in the extemp prep room 10 minutes prior to the posted draw time!
All competition rooms, prep rooms, and tournament administration rooms will be accessible via this link:
Coach - School - Name
EX: Coach - Buhach - Alyssa Conroy
Competitor - Code - Name
EX: Competitor - A300 - Joe Bob
Observer - School - Name
EX: Observer - Modesto - Jane Doe
Judge - Name
EX: Judge - John Bob
Observers are absolutely welcome to attend! To observe, a student must have a Tabroom account linked to a registered school. They will log in to Classrooms.cloud the same way competing students do.
Please remind any observing students to be courteous to competitors. They should keep their microphones muted and their cameras off during all performances and debates.
A student lounge zoom room will be available to students on the Classrooms.cloud tournament page linked above! They are welcome to hang out and socialize here between rounds. Please remind students to keep conversation appropriate in the tournament sanctioned lounge.
Awards will be taking place in the student lounge at the end of the day!
In order to make sure the auto-draw feature in the extemp prep rooms goes smoothly, please have all extemp competitors enter the extemp prep room corresponding to their event NO LATER THAN 7:20AM. Extemp competitors should plan to be in the extemp prep room 10 minutes before the posted draw time.
Please also have your extemp competitors review this presentation showing how auto-draw will work so they are familiar with the process when the time comes for them to draw.
YFL WARM UP
1) Each competitor, observer, and judge MUST HAVE A LINKED TABROOM ACCOUNT. For instructions on creating and linking Tabroom accounts, click here.
2) No double entry within a pattern. Each student (novice and varsity alike) is allowed ONE entry in the speech pattern and ONE entry in the debate pattern.
3) DUO will not be offered at this tournament. Whether DUO will be allowed at future tournaments will be discussed after this tournament.
4) Each school will owe 1 judge per 6 speech entries in the speech pattern and 1 judge per 2 entries in the debate pattern. Judges can (and should, if possible!) be entered in both the speech pattern and the debate pattern. This means that 1 judge can potentially cover 6 speech entries and 2 debate entries.
5) Pre-recorded speech will need to be uploaded as an unlisted video on Youtube and linked to classrooms.cloud by Wednesday 09/23 at the VERY latest. Please ensure that the student states the tournament the speech was recorded for at the beginning of the video (YFL Warm Up) and includes the tournament name in the title. There should be NO cuts or editing for speech videos. Videos are to uploaded at this link: https://tournaments.classrooms.cloud/yfl-season-opener-submit/