John C Stennis Novice Invitational
2020 — NSDA Campus, MS/US
Judging Instructions (READ and SHARE with your judges. Even if you already have competed online, these are the specific guidelines we'll be following for this tournament, and they may be different from your previous experiences.)
Registration Instructions (This is geared toward coaches new to Tabroom.com)
Clarification for uploading the speech recordings:
1. Students should film their videos on their device of choice (NSDA RULES APPLY - NO PROFESSIONAL LIGHTS. NO PROFESSIONAL RECORDING OR SOUND EQUIPMENT. ONE TAKE/NO EDITING) and upload them to Youtube.
2. Students should change the setting on their video upload to “only available with link” (or "unlisted")to assure privacy.
3. Students share those links with their coaches.
4. Coaches go to Tabroom and click on their entries tab within the tournament registration. Next to each entry is a little blue edit button (next to the delete entry button). Click the edit button for each speech entry.
5. Paste the youtube link into the field provided there.
Speeches were "due" Monday with registration, but we understand it's new process to figure out, so we can give some grace time until Tuesday afternoon for the recordings.
Please put your entries in Monday regardless, so that we have a sense of numbers. (Tabroom will allow you to register the entry without the link.)
Get the links added by 2:00pm Tuesday, please. Tab staff will need time to audit and check everything and prepare sections/ballots.
Please double-check all your entries for links and test the links to make sure they work (and go to the right student/piece).
If you need assistance with any part of the registration process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Stennis Help." I will be available throughout the weekend of Sep 25-27, and I will respond within an hour. We can hop on a Zoom call and I will walk you through any part of the process and help with any troubleshooting. This is new to many of us, and we are all still learning and working out kinks in the technology, so don't hesitate to ask for help! - Micah