Red Rock Classic
2020 — NSDA Campus, UT/US
Here is share Google folder with helpful information (Judges' instructions, event descriptions, etc.):
Red Rock Classic 2020, This Is The Way: Mandalorian Edition
Grand County High School welcomes all competitors for this fun, two-day online tournament to kick off Winter Break! While we would love to celebrate two seasons of Baby Yoda in person, our mantra is "This is the way" as we accept online competition. We will be using the NSDA Campus platform via Tabroom. Please have your competitors and judges test out their technology before the day of the tournament. Students may enter in both Debate and Speech events. Students may enter in as many asynchronous events as they wish. Please refer to tabs on the right for more information about our unique event offerings. We look forward to hosting your team! Everyone is encouraged to rock their Star Wars-themed attire and props!
Debate Events (Synchronous): Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, Policy, Congress
Speech Events (Synchronous): Impromptu, Extemp (Combined), SpAr, Creative Storytelling, Character Congress, Parliamentary Debate
Speech Events (Asynchronous): Oratory, HI, DI, Duo, POI, Informative
- LD & PF: November/December Topic
- Policy: 2020-21 NSDA Resolution
- Congress: UDCA & NSDA Legislation. Preset docket on Tabroom.
- Extemp: A mixture of International & National each round.
- Impromptu: 1st round words/names; 2nd round quotations; 3rd round one word, one quotation, one question. Blend of random, current events, and theme-appropriate topics.
- SpAr: Topics will include lighthearted, serious, and theme-appropriate resolutions.
- Parli: Each round will have a policy resolution, a value resolution, and a quotation.
- Character Congress: Two pieces of legislation set for each round. Bills for each round will be selected from UDCA or NSDA and preset docket will be on Tabroom.
- Creative Storytelling: We will be using the Colorado rules and ballot. Students will choose one of 3 story outlines (Character, Setting, Situation).
3:30-5:00 Speech Rd 1
5:00-6:30 Speech Rd 2
7:00-8:30 Speech Rd 3
8:00-10:00 Debate Rd 1 8:30-11:00 Congress Session 1
10:00-12:00 Debate Rd 2 12:00-2:30 Congress Session 2
12:30-2:30 Debate Rd3
Awards 3:00 or ASAP
Fees & Judging:
- $15 per school per day and $4.00 per student per event per day
- 1 judge for every 6 IEs and 1 judge for every 4 debates.
- Please instruct judges to have a Tabroom account set up linked to your judge entry before the day of the tournament.
- Asynchronous ballots are due by 2 pm Saturday
- There will be pre-recorded judge orientations as well as helpful resources posted on Tabroom. Please make sure your judges have reviewed this information before rounds start.
Awards: Certificates will be emailed to coaches of students who place in the top 5 of each event. Team Sweepstakes trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be delivered to your school or shipped.
Contact Info: Please feel free to email or call with any questions/confusions. Head Coach, Carrie Strecker. (435)719-4859. email@example.com